Faction Observations: Who's the strongest? Who's the best?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lim-Dul

Post by Lim-Dul »

I'm speaking of version 1.1.1. And you mean you want to fight with me in MP? =) Well - sorry, no time for that now. =)
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
--
Project StD - Save the Drakes - we want more branches! =)
JW

Post by JW »

Lim-Dul wrote: Are Elves weak in melee? nope
Are Elves weak at ranged combat? you must be joking
Are Elves expensive? nope
Are Elves vulnerable to any type of damage? nope
Do Elves have bad defensive values? nope
Do Elves have fewer hps than other units? in most cases only a couple of hps less, or not even that
Are Elves slow? nope
Are Elves worse at a certain time of the day? nope
Maybe Elves can't heal themselves? nope, they can

Well - obviously there's something wrong with the balance if not a single question can be answered with "yes".
Let me add to your list:

Can Elves Backstab? Nope.
Can Elves get bonuses to attack according to the type of day? Rebels, yes, Elves, Nope.
Do Elves have Posion? Nope.
Do Elves Drain hp in attacks? Nope.
Do Elves resist any types of Damage? Nope.
Do Elves have high hp like the Drakes? Nope.
Do Elves have Charge? Nope.
Do Elves Regenerate? Nope.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Lim-Dul wrote:I'm speaking of version 1.1.1. And you mean you want to fight with me in MP? =) Well - sorry, no time for that now. =)
Sorry, no time to discuss with you now.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Lim-Dul wrote:
I didn't expect human archers to be better. I just didn't expect elvish archers to be THAT strong. Elves have good ranged attackers - fine by me - but what is their WEAKNESS then? I don't see any weakness - and that's the problem.
They have several weak points :
- Low HP
- Bad movetype (except in forest)
Drakes may have low DEF but compare their HP with the elves. (You can't play a drake army like an elf army or you will lose, you have to capitilize on their strong points. An elvish archer in forest is a terrible thing, but even that can be defeated if you take good care of your tribalists.)
That's exactly the type of answer I have expected. Now - then explain how you imagine beating a whole army composed of next to invincible archers hiding in forests?
- Try to avoid the forest
- Use unit with or a lot of strikes or magical strikes to counter high defense
Saurians and clashers eat rebels prettty well.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Lim-Dul wrote:I'm speaking of version 1.1.1. And you mean you want to fight with me in MP? =) Well - sorry, no time for that now. =)

After he beats you, I'm going to beat you at Wesnoth AND Magic: The Gathering. Simultaneously.

"The weak shall fall. The strong shall remain." -Lim-Dul, the Necromancer

:P
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Doc Paterson wrote:"The weak shall fall. The strong shall remain." -Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Don't listen to Lim-Dul! He also talks about turning himself into a flame, about trading blood for blood, and about how good dead guys are. I think he's pretty crazy.

It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

I'm very amused to see someone using that name.

:D
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Shadowdweller

Post by Shadowdweller »

Doc Paterson wrote:"Ring the bell, ref- I just broke his back with the Octopus Stretch-" -The Mandarin
Utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand, I know, but I've been meaning to ask you for some time, Doc: Who the hell is the Mandarin anyhow? Some manner of rap artist, I assume?
Lim-Dul

Post by Lim-Dul »

Well - I stopped playing MtG over 8 years ago. =) But the nickname remains - it's not very popular - even with the Magic players. Maybe because of the fact that Lim-Dul's "something" cards appeared mostly around the 4th edition and Ice Age.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
--
Project StD - Save the Drakes - we want more branches! =)
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Lim-Dul wrote:Well - I stopped playing MtG over 8 years ago. =) But the nickname remains - it's not very popular - even with the Magic players. Maybe because of the fact that Lim-Dul's "something" cards appeared mostly around the 4th edition and Ice Age.
heh, funny-I began playing MtG since the beginning (ie, Kindergarten), and so I actually get this stuff...
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I prefer things like:

"Your presumption is your downfall"

or

“Home is where you can find a decent graveyard and strangers can disappear without awkward questions.�

And Gerrard's bitterness and vengefulness.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Doc Paterson wrote:

After he beats you, I'm going to beat you at Wesnoth AND Magic: The Gathering. Simultaneously.

Buahahhaa, THATS where its from! I knew that name sounded familiar.
I still have my old White Heroes deck from ages ago... a couple of crusades and White Knights and the game was over.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Noy wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote:

Buahahhaa, THATS where its from! I knew that name sounded familiar.
I still have my old White Heroes deck from ages ago... a couple of crusades and White Knights and the game was over.
How about not getting this thread off topic--instead a mod. can split it to OT, right?
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Umm I am a mod... trust me, that was all I was going to say on the matter. (its not like I want to play that up by any means)

Moreover, as I said in similar threads, no one faction is "better" than another. That would make "balancing" somewhat redundant.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Noy wrote:Umm I am a mod... trust me, that was all I was going to say on the matter. (its not like I want to play that up by any means)

Moreover, as I said in similar threads, no one faction is "better" than another. That would make "balancing" somewhat redundant.
Sorry, but I was talking about the converstaion in general, as it was completely OT. I think i've been around long enough to realize your amod, but mods are still humans, and thus ca get caught up in something without realizing it.