EXP

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

What is the best way to earn exp?

Send out all your units to battle in a berserk fashion and try to win the scenario before too many perish.
No votes
Cheat but feel guilty.
3%
Send out a few weak units to scout and battle minor units while protecting the leader with stronger units so he too can get exp. and not risk perishing.
3%
Use stronger units to weaken enemies but let weaker units finish 'em off.
94%

Total votes: 70

konrad25

EXP

Post by konrad25 »

I would like to now what the best way to earn exp. is.
scott

Post by scott »

This game is all about the "second strike capability." When you finish your turn, it's easy to forget that the enemy has his turn next. You need strong units to soak up damage so your weak ones can survive to fight another turn.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

If you have your stronger units first they don't get hurt and deal damge to the enemy. then bam the weaker units jump in and finish em off and go up a level
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Zagloj

Post by Zagloj »

Depends, for example, what's the strong unit, for example if it is a strong unit "with distance attack" (and Elvish Avenger...) you can put them in front, to protect the units that not have "distance attack"(because they can defend against various types of enemies), and you must not forget your weak units (mages...), they never would have to be exposed, you can attack with your weak units only if you have a strong unit prepared to defend.
Logan

Post by Logan »

Also remember: lvl 0 units are good on soak, and the hip pocket. Fuel up and throw them at your enemy, then let the unit you want lvled to strike the finishing blow, then place the remaining lvl 0s around your others as fodder (the only thing they're useful for), as, as scott said, "Second-strike capability". Next turn there's going to be ramifications.
dtw

Post by dtw »

I think the poll answers your question...
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Sly

Post by Sly »

"berserking" is almost useless ... a good strategy that help you win and make your units levelling is having a line of strong defending units (pikemens, champions, etc.) and a line of ranged or lvl1 units.
The enemy's army blocks on you're first line, you retreat the first line, kill the enemies with ranged and/or powerfull attacks (mages, horsemen) and finish of with lvl1 units to get XP, and then you fill the first line with your strong units (2 or 3 healers in the second line is almost necessary)
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

I use berseks one dark elves mages (0-0 melee) and on dark adepts (same thing).
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Lord Lightstalker

Post by Lord Lightstalker »

I usually use my weaker units to finish enemies off but there are a few occasions where i have my stronger units finish them off such as advancing level 3s
I Hunt the Light, Stalking him in the Shadows, As Night Falls, I Take My Prey.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Lightstalker, may I ask why you are ressurecting a whole bunch of ancient threads? This is about the fourth that I have seen you bring back.
jg

Post by jg »

[joke]
Look at his location, I think that should answer your question... :wink:
[/joke]

jg
jack

Post by jack »

I dont really know but in most games like wesnoth...

Use stronger units to weaken enemies but let weaker units finish 'em off.
Sprite Faction - Coming Soon...