Son of Black Eye and Inarix: what i've to do!?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Herduk

Son of Black Eye and Inarix: what i've to do!?

Post by Herduk »

I all!
I'm playing Son of Black Eye campaign and i'm stucked in the level with Inarix and his saurian hunted by elves and dwarves.
I got a simple problem: what i've to do to win this level?
I got as score "save Inarix and 4 saurians". I don't know if is a problem with the traslation or what but i move Inarix and 5 saurians into the Orchish castle and retreat all my troops on that side of the bridge. Then the turns end and i've lost.
What i've to do?! What is the score?!
Thanks all!
Xytan

Post by Xytan »

it took me three restarts of that level to get them through alive, but that’s how i won.
move them over the bridge.
the bridge will collapse near the end of the game.
after that you should have won (if all your needed pals are still alive).
dtw

Re: Son of Black Eye and Inarix: what i've to do!?

Post by dtw »

Herduk wrote:I all!
I'm playing Son of Black Eye campaign and i'm stucked in the level with Inarix and his saurian hunted by elves and dwarves.
I got a simple problem: what i've to do to win this level?
I got as score "save Inarix and 4 saurians". I don't know if is a problem with the traslation or what but i move Inarix and 5 saurians into the Orchish castle and retreat all my troops on that side of the bridge. Then the turns end and i've lost.
What i've to do?! What is the score?!
Thanks all!
That sounds like you you should have one the level - you have not got one of your leaders on the worng side have you? One that is dying at the end?
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Herduk

Post by Herduk »

Nope. All my leaders are still alive and the bridge didn't collapse.
I will try again @_@
Ty all.
Kamamura

Post by Kamamura »

I personally stopped playing the campaign on this level, because it seemed exceptionally poorly designed to me.

First of all, it's nearly impossible to break through the bridge even with level 3 trolls. In the last section of the bridge, the enemies will attack 3 versus 1, and will always immediately replace casualties. you cannot move into the area due ZOC of the enemy.

This means if your saurians arrive to the bridge prematurely, they are lost - the enemy will swamp them. You therefore must delay somehow - but what's the point? After the bridge collapses, how are the saurians saved when they cannot cross deep water? This seems a very weak spot in the logic.

The whole level is frustrating.
dtw

Post by dtw »

Well, I play on Challenging and didn't find it so hard...having said that the level is pretty poor. Taurus is updating it at the moment but he has a lot to do I think- compared to HttT and TRoW the other campains in 1.0 are really quite poor - I am surprised at that to be honest. Maybe some work should now be put into finishing the many missing sounds and graphics, and updating some of the distinctly poor campaigns.

Persoanlly, I think the Wesnoth 1.0 release is a bit of a joke. Pretty much nothing except code wise has been replaced with anything but like for like. Yeah, replacement units images are nice but there are so many things lacking at the most basic level. For example the bats still go "argh" when you hit them...it's just crap.

So now we have a 1.0 release where loads of things aren't finished - and when will they get finished? Never will be my bet. It's pathetic. Oh and I noticed no RC2 release but RC1 was not the final release...talk about getting it out as fast as possible.

I direct you to the "What's missing" page. And before a rebuke from the sycophantic a-holes that populate this place - lets focus on the fact that these are some of the simplest elements of the game that are missing. Certainly they are therefore something that is easy to fill in but that the same time how much of the basic game can be said to be finished without them?
Kamamura

Post by Kamamura »

Well, I can't say I agree with your rant.

First of all, the game seems quite complete to me. The page you provided refer to missing animations and graphic element - I can imagine doing them is quite tedious. Still, even if they are not in the game, does it break the gameplay in a significant way?

Moreover, the game is a result of collective effort. Therefore, if some part of it is found lacking, anyone can provide better content if he/she has the skill, motivation and time (which some of the developers might lack after those seven years, so it's understandable they wanna focus their energy elsewhere). If you want to improve the game, I think future contributions will be accepted and patches released, or am I wrong?

Moreover, the game is free. What more do you want?

I don't find it pathetic at all - on the opposite, it's much more enjoyable than most current commercial titles.
dtw

Post by dtw »

Well, are a complete collection of sounds and graphics important or not? What you have said is that the graphics and sound pass your minimum standard for enjoyability. That's fair enough but let's not confuse minimum requirements with completeness. Yeah, I understand the game is still in development but this is supposed to be the 1.0 release. In my world that means that even if the project is never developed again it is complete. Wesnoth is not complete. That is my point. The 1.0 release is for psychological and public relations reasons only - it in no way reflects the quality or completeness of the game, which, argueably, has not changed in any essential way since 0.9. There has been polishing, bug fxing, etc but that continues right now, so why a 1.0 release when fundamentals are lacking and almost unchanged?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Let's just say that your interpretation of the meaning of 1.0 is different from the developer's, and leave it at that. OK? :roll:
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
dtw

Post by dtw »

Special "stating the obvious" prize for turin :roll: