FtF:Survival - is there any point in trying?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

FtF:Survival - is there any point in trying?

Post by irrevenant »

Does FtF:Survival advantage you in any way for holding out longer?

Similarly, is there any point in trying to earn units XP?
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

You talking about first scenario of Ftf?
If yes you must die to go to next scenario.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

That's the one. It tells you to resist as long as you can. Is there any reason at all to do so? It seems to me that the best course of action is to just charge the enemy with your leader and get it over with.

I just wondered if maybe you got your levelled units back, or some advantage at a later point for how long you lasted...
pravin

Post by pravin »

i dont think there is any point in resisting. i didnt get to recall any of my partially levelled units later in the game. it best to charge and get it over with.
A warrior may die a thousand deaths,
An empire dies but one.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

IIRC, any experience you get your leader DOES carry over.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

It does not. I killed a couple of those level 3 units on one try, but in the next scenario, Malakar is recreated.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Here is why I hold out for as long as I can. If someone was tryint to take YOU and your entire race into slavery, even if it was hopeless to resist, would you try and resist the best you could? I sure would. And seccondley, the last time I played anyway, you do get to recall you leveled up units.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

MadMax has said that although there is no point right now, he will make there be a point eventually...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Taurus wrote:Here is why I hold out for as long as I can. If someone was trying to take YOU and your entire race into slavery, even if it was hopeless to resist, would you try and resist the best you could? I sure would. And secondly, the last time I played anyway, you do get to recall you leveled up units.
It's good to see someone enjoy the roleplaying aspects, but I don't know that Wesnoth allows a lot of room for it. If you had roleplayed Konrad realistically, he would probably have fought to the death in mission 1 of HttT - and the game wouldn't have progressed. If you tried to achieve the goal by taking out enemy leaders ASAP, your units won't earn the XP necessary to survive later scenarios. And so on.

In Wesnoth, your roleplaying options are strongly constrained by what will actually work.

In answer to your question: Of the choice:
(a) be sold into slavery with my people; or
(b) kill people then be sold into slavery with my people

I'd probably go with (a). Why cause people pain if it achieves nothing? That probably doesn't accurately reflect the Drake mindset though...