Help On How to beat the level "The Isle Of Anduin"

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The Dark Lord

Help On How to beat the level "The Isle Of Anduin"

Post by The Dark Lord »

I am Having Trouble trying to beat the level "The Isle Of Anduin" Can SomeBody Give Me Tips (im sad aren't i, i cant even beat the 3rd level)
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

Ok what level 2 or 3 units do you have......

:D
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Move as quickly as possible and don't try to defend south and west. Collect villages with scouts, because there is a lot of money to win in that scenario.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Xanous

Post by Xanous »

Divide your army in two. Send scouts south, send archers/fighters/magi west. You will probably be short on money so grab as many villages as you can. Keep your elves in the forests and you should be able to hold the NW, NE and SE parts of the island easy. Keep Conrad in the keep for a few turns and recruit/recall some more troops while your elves wear down the orcs. Your income should easily be 20 gold/turn. Once you've destroyed the bulk of their army move Conrad to the front lines and march on their castle.
scott

Post by scott »

Establish a beachhead in the western forest and fight off his first wave. Rotate out your wounded. Don't feel guilty about using Delfador to soak up damage and kill units. Send 2-4 elves down the east side. If you're lucky they'll ignore you, and you will reach the bottom just in time to distract any stragglers of the second wave. In the meantime your NW group should be pretty well beaten up but otherwise ready to move down the west side.

If the enemy splits his forces, don't be brave with your eastern scouts. Just get them to someplace where they can defend and buy your main force some time. They can lose villages since there are plenty in the NW.

The hardest part is establishing and keeping the beachhead. Having leveled units is key here if only to be able to take more damage. I had Delfador, a couple of mages, a knight, a horseman, a captain, and some fighters. Konrad stayed behind to recruit more units - I think 1-2 more units make a difference here. So if you take out the free units, add 2 elves I sent down the east side, I think it adds to about 6-8 recalls/recruits.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Casual User

Post by Casual User »

Good afternoon!

What difficulty level are you playing on? I've played it on easy and medium.

My favorite tactic : blitzkrieg!! Charge south then west (more forests that way, by far, and less hills). The ennemy will fan out its units to capture villages on the west bank, you keep your units close together and capture villages only when they are close (with a little luck, you'll finish very early and the bonus will make up for it). Recruit no mages, only archers and horsemen + leveled units to make an ultra-fast group. With a little luck, when you'll get to the area of the ennemy castle, where the fight will take place, it'll be dawn or morning (second day, I think). Weaken ennemy with archers and charge them afterwards. He'll have mostly wolf riders because he's still recruiting scouts, and few trolls/orcs.

Keep in mind the prize : kill the leader. Gather experience, but don't let him recruit. Occupy his castle or flush him out as priorities (he'll often retreat to a village if wounded, put an unit on the keep ... or recruit some more). With a little luck, you'll win in 10-12 turns and get a huge bonus.

Now this is a very dangerous tactic. If you can't keep a very swift rate of killing off his units, or if he can shield himself and recruit backup, you're dead. The whole idea is to kill him before he has a serious army, but that means you won't be able to win if he can get a serious army... It basically always works on easy and ~80% of times on medium. Haven't tried it on hard yet...

P.S. lvl 2 leaders, like this one, are fairly weak. Use Konrad to kill them off so he'll be more sturdy in later scenarios.

P.P.S. I sometimes recruit 1-2 scouts to go west and lure more powerful units with a mock attack (and take some villages). They'll get slaughtered, but it's the one thing they're good at. Once, he had 4 trolls + many orcs or something beating up a scout. I came there the other way with 3 archers, 2 horsemen, Delfador and Konrad and killed him off easy. His army was too far to rescue him and the upkeep kept him from recruiting. Laughed long and hard, he could have squashed my army like a bug otherwise...
The Dark Lord

Post by The Dark Lord »

Thanks for the tips i appreciate it :D
jg

help

Post by jg »

Try and get villages with scouts, then try and hold the west with mages, archers and horsemen and also try and attack down south. There are a lot of villages there. When I got through it, the money I got per turn was something over thirty.
francesco

Post by francesco »

Good tips.
"I am your best nightmare"Francesco Zevio
"Thomas,bring me your dirty body,you fool!"Cornwell
DavidByron

Post by DavidByron »

The key is breaking the first wave of attacks. The easiest solution is to defend using the river (since the first wave of attackers goes North then East) and Delfador. Hitting them in water is a piece of cake. Also you can recruit more troops for the fight since your reinforcements are quick to get into battle and his take a long time and appear as straglers after the battle is won. Send some fast moving guys South for cash. Two will do. The main force sweeps up straglers by heading West and then South.
afroman293

Post by afroman293 »

I can't beat this level on normal. I have tried most of the tatics, but I either lose Delfador or run out of turns. How can I beat it and level up most of my units?
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

The point of this scenario is to get a lot of money, not to level up, IMO.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
scott

Post by scott »

I have been practicing on blackwater port, really trying to end up with 3-5 L2 units. Even 2 helps in Isle of Anduin.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

I used debug mode with a selfmade unit (level 5, no attacks, 1 hp) and created them along the path to the enemy, started with a bunch of rookies, when they reached the orcs, they were level 3-s. :twisted:
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
Stiles

Post by Stiles »

Hi, I'm also having extreme difficulty in beating this scenario. I've tried holding the left, I've tried rushing to the south and then west - nothing seems to work!

I've had most success on rushing the south, but I can only create around 6 or 7 units in a task force, but they always get destroyed. The enemy seem to have loads of towns already, so their army is always much, much larger than mine.

What sort of units should I be making?