Game Cheats...?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DraconicBlessing

Post by DraconicBlessing »

I don't think it allows you to create an enemy unit directly, but it is simple to create a unit, then switch its side.
The Past never was.
The Future never will be.
There is only Now.
sfsy1

Hacks

Post by sfsy1 »

u can hack into the data files in C:\Program Files\Wesnoth\data
its easy. u can open it with notepad. for the images the directory is C:\Program Files\Wesnoth\images/unitstry opening any file with notepad to change it 8)
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I wouldn't necessarily call it cheating. I use the --debug switch sometimes to play games like Dwarves and Yetis versus Scorpions, Spiders, and Elves.
Tony Almeida

Post by Tony Almeida »

On the title screen, hit up up down down left right left right "B" "A," then open up an MP game. All of your units will have submerge.
"So, uh, what are we saying here? If we save LA from a nuclear bomb, then you and I can get together for dinner and a movie?"
ziggy H bomb

Post by ziggy H bomb »

He is bluffing, he wants you to go on the title screen, where Jack Bauer waits to catch and interrogate you.
Edward V Riley

Not a cheat code but.....

Post by Edward V Riley »

I've only recently found and downloaded this excellent game. I've played many strategy games over the years so getting acquainted with this one won't take long.

You ask about a cheat code? I personally hate cheat codes in TBS games but I will tell you this. I found an oddity in The South Guard: Into the Depths scenario.

If you start the scenario, then simply restart the level from the menu, then all the characters you've made so far double. What does this mean? Means for every non commander you have, you've a twin(no, not an evil twin). Having two Minister Hylas(white mages) is a big help.

Each twin is an exact duplicate, down to the Xp earned and abilities. You'll probably want to change the names of the twins to lower confusion.
Who Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Yeah, and that seems to happen every time you load a game on that level... anyone know what's causing it?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
theotherhiveking

Post by theotherhiveking »

Dunno, but it's a huge bug, i don't know how that bug is still alive in the current version.
Join the dark side.....- We have cookies. COOKIES!! COOKIES MAN!!!! JOIN!!!
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

hola, bueno yo hablo español asiq no creo q me entiendan mucho xd, bueno en la vercion 1.2.5 no puedo editar save games por q dise ''este archivo esta corrupto'', entonses como puedo modificarlo a mi favor sin que lo note???

in english (not good)
hello, good I speak Spanish asiq I do not create q understand much to me xd, good in vercion 1.2.5 I cannot publish save games by q dise '' this file this corrupt '', entonses as I can modify it to my favor without she notices it?
playtom

Post by playtom »

If you start the scenario, then simply restart the level from the menu, then all the characters you've made so far double. What does this mean? Means for every non commander you have, you've a twin(no, not an evil twin). Having two Minister Hylas(white mages) is a big help.
you know, i've noticed this problem for month, more strange, deoran loses 22hp on the first turn. and if you load your game in mid-scenario, the units will double times how many turn you've played, plus, it will record it in varibles and clogg up the recall list, so in the next and final scenario, this problem still exists. my computer been freezed a dozen time by this.
evolved around the confined environment, emotions, knowledge and events mixed into my life, mere mortal am i, trying to climb higher up the ladder, time passes, just then i realized, death will part me eventually. - playtom's philosophy