Game Cheats...?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Karon

Post by Karon »

If you code against using altered units in multiplayer, could you make an optional loophole? Just in case some of us wants to play a "Titan Battle". Or perhaps a function so both (all) players will have to approve a given change.

That said, I'm having some trouble saving altered .cfg's, is cfg an accesible format in normal texting programs? They always end up as txt's or doc's.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

I wasnt here for about 3 months, so i am not gonna read everything. But about shroud or fog of war - just disable undo option in multiplayer and everything is okay.

I never undo. If you play carefully, and before clicking you spent 0.1 sec to check if you are exactly in the midlle of pointed area, there are very low chances to make mistake.

I hate people cheating with fog of war :-/

Also, i wanted (and still want, but have a lot of other things to do) to make race of arachnoids and spiders, with unit who's always invisible. He is of no use with dumb undo option.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
scott

Post by scott »

Karon wrote:If you code against using altered units in multiplayer, could you make an optional loophole? Just in case some of us wants to play a "Titan Battle". Or perhaps a function so both (all) players will have to approve a given change.

That said, I'm having some trouble saving altered .cfg's, is cfg an accesible format in normal texting programs? They always end up as txt's or doc's.
Altered units should always work fine in MP as long as all players are using the same units.

Cfg files are normal text files with a .cfg extension. You will have to either change the extension afterwards or figure out how to prevent your text editor from saving it with the wrong extension.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Jared

This also works

Post by Jared »

You can always just keep your enemies from attacking you......
Save the game right when an enemy unit is about to attack your unit and load that file, and the enemy unit's turn is over without it having ever attacked you.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Here's something you shouldn't do please, DO NOT respond to threads that haven't been active in months, there's no need as the discussion is quite clearly over. thank you
dwarf dude

Post by dwarf dude »

wats the option key? i cant seem to ba able to find the savefiles so im trying different options.
Dont read this. Seriously. Stop it! Im warning you! Thats it, your going to be asassinated by 42 Spanish fighting midgets with hacksaws!
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

dwarf dude wrote:wats the option key? i cant seem to ba able to find the savefiles so im trying different options.
Do you actually read the threades you post in? Look one post above yours :roll:

Anyway I think you want to turn on debug mode. You can always turn the command mode on by ":debug" command.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

As you guys already di the necrophilia, ill make a use out of this fact.

Yesterday i met guy over the MP, and he was like "I can cheat in camapings". I told him "wow, you pwn". And he said "its easy, i could teach you".

rotfl

Then i told him im a programmist, and he kinda quited game. :twisted:

I think he misunderstood me, and instead of thinking that i meant: "im programmist, so i know more about it than you", he understood "im game developer and im gonna banish you for cheating".
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
JW

Post by JW »

Was the user's name Laurence?

I had a similar experience...
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Nope valister or valistur. Its common problem.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

JW wrote:Was the user's name Laurence?

Hmmm... i've seen him quit games, on turn one/two... maybe that is what happened to kshinji?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Doc

Post by Doc »

I'm tempted to sell a hacked version of the HTTT campaign on eBay. I was thinking 2000 gold and a recall list of ten max level loyal units of every type recruitable in HTTT should be enough to satisfy any cheater. Better make Konrad level 3 while I'm at it. Wouldn't want my customers to lose because Konrad is a wimp.

The only trouble with cheating is that it prevents you from learning tactics that allow you to win without cheating.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

JW wrote:Was the user's name Laurence?

Heh, I saw you bagging that guy on the MP server. What did he do anyway?
Peitenimi

Post by Peitenimi »

To me, fun is in the cheating, not in what you get with it.

I downloaded a free hacking program which can hack most of the games. It can change all, or at least most of the numbers in the game. I hacked myself 99999 money, and even changed the turn into 9999999 (might work in scenarios with turn x event)
Now im going to see if i can hack an units hp.

Edit:I managed to change the health to 99999 but when the unit was supposed to be healed in village the game crashed. :D
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Well, there is something called the debug mode that already allowed to do all these things...