questioons

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord Naveed

questioons

Post by Lord Naveed »

Do you have to start over the capains when you update?

Do you get to keep your units?

Do you get to keep the names you made for your units?
Lord Naveed

Post by Lord Naveed »

Ohyeah...and does it automatically updates when you download a update?
Dave
Founding Developer

Re: questioons

Post by Dave »

Lord Naveed wrote:Do you have to start over the capains when you update?

Do you get to keep your units?

Do you get to keep the names you made for your units?
Saves will usually work when you upgrade from one version to another, although it is not guaranteed.

Also, there may be major changes in the storyline from one version to another, making old saves invalid with a new version.

If you are considering upgrading from version 0.6.1 to 0.6.99.1, then saves will probably work, but it isn't guaranteed.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Lord Naveed

Post by Lord Naveed »

Ok...thanks.....new question = )

When I play online...do I get to use my units that i saved?

Does anyone wanna play online with me right now?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Lord Naveed wrote: When I play online...do I get to use my units that i saved?

Does anyone wanna play online with me right now?
You don't get your units that you saved, because we haven't found a fair way to implement this yet.

Log onto the server and see, or use an irc client to come to #wesnoth at irc.freenode.net and ask for a game there.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Lord Naveed

Post by Lord Naveed »

i dont have irc....= ( i wish this site had a java chatroom....
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Lord Naveed wrote:Ohyeah...and does it automatically updates when you download a update?
You'll have to give more information about what platform you're using (Windows, Mac, GNU/Linux, etc) to get information on the install and update process.

Generally though, you just install a new version of the program over the top of the old version.
Lord Naveed wrote: i dont have irc....= ( i wish this site had a java chatroom....
IRC clients are freely available for almost all platforms (certainly all platforms that Wesnoth has been ported to).

If you're using Windows, you should be able to get mIRC, if GNU/Linux, then Xchat, or another IRC client. Just do a search.

David
Lord Naveed

Post by Lord Naveed »

ok, i just updated and tried to join a game.....and it like just quits the game and goes back to my desktop....is this like a error?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Lord Naveed wrote:ok, i just updated and tried to join a game.....and it like just quits the game and goes back to my desktop....is this like a error?
That would be an error.

- what version are you using?
- what platform are you on?
- what host are you trying to connect to?
- at what point does it quit the game?

David
Lord Naveed

Post by Lord Naveed »

I have windows

I updated to the newest vesion like 6.99

and it messes up when it says connecting to host. Well thats what i think it is trhere fo ra half a second.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Okay, and which host are you trying to connect to?
Lord Naveed

Post by Lord Naveed »

the default
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Okay. This is a bug which I am now working to fix. Thank you for the bug report.

Meantime, you can change the server to devsrv.wesnoth.org to connect and play.

David
Lord Naveed

Post by Lord Naveed »

Coool! I actually contributed to Wesnoth! Thats cool.....lol

Thanks for all you help now...you must pay me money and give me credit in the about page.....muhuhaahah

Just Kidding.......i was joking you dont have to do anything.