too hard to be fun...?? what do you think..? new poll

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

are the campains too hard to hard to be fun..??

campains are too hard to be playable and I dont do them anymore
12%
campains are too hard but I still play them
28%
campains are just right and I love to play them
60%

Total votes: 25

knight20

too hard to be fun...?? what do you think..? new poll

Post by knight20 »

I wondered what people would say if I ran a pole on if the game is too hard to fun to still play the campains...!!!

:)

after many weeks and much swearing I wondered what you guys thought..
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I said "campains are just right and I love to play them", but that probably has something to do with the fact that I've been playing for a year and a half. :) I can definitely see how they'd be much to hard for a new player.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Why didn't you add "Campaigns are too easy"? I would have voted for that...
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

What about "campaigns are hard, but that's precisely why i like this game" :D
aelius

Post by aelius »

There are easier campaigns on the campaign server. The South Guard is intentionally geared towards new players. Give it a try!

- b.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever. - Antoine de Saint Exupery (of course)
unsung

Post by unsung »

I love campaigns. revenge and rebirth of the north are awesome.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
unsung

Post by unsung »

aelius wrote:There are easier campaigns on the campaign server. The South Guard is intentionally geared towards new players.
it is?! I seriously never noticed.
aelius

Post by aelius »

Were you playing on the easiest level? In the last several releases I've added a fair amount of help text for new players. On top of that, the game gradually introduced different types of enemies (i.e. you don't face enemies with ranged attacks in the first scenario). It also gradually adds to your forces.

- b.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever. - Antoine de Saint Exupery (of course)
CBaoth

Post by CBaoth »

personally i think the campains are too easy but i only play them on easy...:)
RAR!!!
Caillean1111

Post by Caillean1111 »

I play them on easy too. And I think they are okay. Not too easy and not too difficult. Although I had to play some of the missions twice because I lost the first time. But it's okay, when it's not too often.
Maybe sometime I'll be good enough to play the campaigns in normal or even in difficult. :)
And 'til then I'll practise and practise and.... :D
Ardonik

Of what use, these polls?

Post by Ardonik »

There are several active campaign developers monitoring this forum--how is a poll with as broad a scope as this one supposed to help them?

A post describing precisely what makes a particular campaign hard to complete would be a lot more useful and interesting to read.
grochti

Post by grochti »

I would vote for
"campaigns are getting easier&easier. httt in normal difficulty is a piece of cake nowadays. Please stop this trend or add a fourth difficulty" :o
unsung

Post by unsung »

turin wrote:I said "campains are just right and I love to play them", but that probably has something to do with the fact that I've been playing for a year and a half. :) I can definitely see how they'd be much to hard for a new player.
actually even when I first started I found the campaigns easy. If I had th etime I would finsih them. if.
maybe I should re download the southguard.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

grochti wrote:I would vote for
"campaigns are getting easier&easier. httt in normal difficulty is a piece of cake nowadays. Please stop this trend or add a fourth difficulty" :o
I already did, thanks to scott. Check out Northern Rebirth. But mind you, I think right now it falls into the "too hard on easy for newbes" catagory. Hence the forth level "Imposible" is probobally REALLY impossible for most people. If anyone can beat it let me know and i'll post their name in the credits when I finish the campaign.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

IMHO, the problem comes from the fact that campaign devs play Wesnoth since longer time then newcomers.

A particularly difficult campaign for me (I can't beat the first scenario, but I haven't played it since long) is Orcish Incursion (or Invasion, I don't remember)
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon