AdvancedTactics

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lysander

AdvancedTactics

Post by Lysander »

I have created a new Wiki page, AdvancedTactics. This way we can keep GettingStarted short and basic for newcomers, and have a place to put more advanced tips and tricks. Currently the only item is a stub about thieves and their weapon specialty, 'backstab'. There seemed to be some confusion among Wesnoth newbies what it was all about, so I put it in there.

If you have some neat trick or little known tactic you have used with success, put it there. Ex: 'Recruit fast scouts early to capture lots and lots of villages' is a bit to basic, but something along 'You may use your commander to capture villages early on, especially to grab those within reach of one round's movement' may be appropriate. Also, unobvious use of units and proper use of healing abilities may go there.

You may use this thread to discuss things if you are unsure of whether it should be in Advancedtactics. Or you may start a new topic in Strategies & Tips :)
--Lysander--
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

The Comander town yoinking is actualy basic in my oppinoin, espescaily now that the AI uses it. Anyone should be able to pick it up in a game or two.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
Lysander

AdvancedTactics

Post by Lysander »

I agree. It was only an example, I never put it in AdvancedTactics, anyway. Maybe it should go into GettingStarted?
--Lysander--