New strategy for Elves Besieged

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish Leader

New strategy for Elves Besieged

Post by Elvish Leader »

Go diagonally, trhough forest. Even although Konrad is slow in a forest, Elves are fast and well defend. Also you will be able to gain some xp. This path is, I think safest.
scott

Post by scott »

What did you normally do?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Elvish Leader

Post by Elvish Leader »

Strategy I posted above. The only problem is, it is hard to get xp for Konrad.
scott

Post by scott »

I think this is what most people do. What else is there? You can go west on the path, which is faster by 1 or 2 turns.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Dennis

Re: New strategy for Elves Besieged

Post by Dennis »

Elvish Leader wrote:Go diagonally, trhough forest. Even although Konrad is slow in a forest, Elves are fast and well defend. Also you will be able to gain some xp. This path is, I think safest.
The safest path is through the village to the northwest of the castle.
saskganesh

Post by saskganesh »

north by northwest is fine.
Gus

Post by Gus »

yeah, i don't really see how this is new ;)
Nicolas

I use

Post by Nicolas »

I use the same tip,but i send away elves,to attack the n-e enemies.
with that,i have evolved an archer-ranger--avenger!!! :D
Naturally i won the campaign. :lol:
Great Mage Nicolas
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

north west,northwest,west north,westnorth,wesnoth!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Great Mage Nicolas
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Re: I use

Post by Doc Paterson »

Nicolas wrote: Naturally i won the campaign. :lol:
The "laughing" emoticon really needs some work. :? It looks like a man who is about to be beaten up, trying to lighten the mood. That graphic should stay, but be renamed "nervous laughter."
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Ankka

Re: I use

Post by Ankka »

Doc Paterson wrote:
Nicolas wrote: Naturally i won the campaign. :lol:
The "laughing" emoticon really needs some work. :? It looks like a man who is about to be beaten up, trying to lighten the mood. That graphic should stay, but be renamed "nervous laughter."
Indeed. But in the situation it was used, it fit great. Meaning what you described... ;)
Mortsubite

Post by Mortsubite »

I guess I'm different. I recruit 3 archers, 2 fighters, and 1 scout. I send Konrad and Delf straight north, then slightly east. I send the elves I recruited due west. Why? Because this forces the elves in the castle north of me to go east- not west- to protect Konrad. They take the brunt of the attack from the eastern orc keep, while I hang just out of range picking off the "low red bar" level 2 and 3 orcs. By turn 8 or 9, Konrad is level 2, and I send him and Delf west towards the northwest orc keep which is under attack from the elves from the Druid's castle. My archers, fighters, and the scout pick off the rest of the eastern orcs, then go south back to the castle I started from and take on the southern orc forces, which are coming up one or two at a time. Konrad and Delf take positions around the northwest orc leader until he is weakened by the Druid's troops, then Konrad delivers the death blow, going to level 3.

Konrad gets to the signpost with 1 or 2 turns to spare. If my elves are in danger fighting the south orc forces, I end it and go into Blackwater Port with about 130 gold. If they are doing OK and are getting ready to level up, I use up the turns, get no bonus, but go into Blackwater with about 110 gold, Konrad at level 3, two Rangers, 1 Marksman, 2 Heros, and 1 Rider. This sets me up well for the next 4 campaigns.
"Imagine waking up in the morning and realizing that's as good as you're going to feel all day" - Dean Martin on sobriety.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Mortsubite -- you should post this to the HttT wiki walkthrough. It does sounds like you were playing on Easy, though. On Hard the southern and north-eastern enemy forces are far too numerous for this strategy to work.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Mortsubite

Post by Mortsubite »

Actually, I only play on Medium and Hard modes. There are not enough opportunities to get enough kills to level up on Easy.
"Imagine waking up in the morning and realizing that's as good as you're going to feel all day" - Dean Martin on sobriety.
emile_le_reveil

Post by emile_le_reveil »

:shock: What the ... ??? :shock:
Konrad on lvl3?? After the first mission plus more lvlet units?
I can't believe it. Are there really enough turns to do this?
But you had to load/save?

I will try this :D