Wesnoth Strategy & Tactics Guide (0.x)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gunsnwoses

Wesnoth Strategy & Tactics Guide (0.x)

Post by gunsnwoses »

Okay then, here's the result of my efforts.

Battle for Wesnoth Strategy & Tactics Guide (0.x)

Here's what I wrote at the top of the document:
Disclaimer

This is a preliminary offering for a comprehensive ‘Battle for Wesnoth Strategy & Tactics Guide’. It is by no means claimed to be complete (as if it ever could be!), or even particularly coherent at the moment. It is intended to be a work-in-progress that good Wesnoth players will build on, extend, and modify. Hopefully, by the time ‘Battle for Wesnoth 1.0’ is released, the Strategy Guide will be worthy of inclusion in the Manual.

Most of the content of this initial posting is pilfered from the forums; wiki, etc. so please do not accuse me of stealing your ideas. I do not claim authorship of any of this, although I have extensively edited it, and modified some sections. Feel free to improve any and all of the information in this document. Add stuff, amend stuff, extend stuff - post suggestions for changes to individual sections in the forum, to be discussed - then the eventual ‘consensus’ opinion can be added to the Guide. Sections that are currently empty can be added to directly, and then amended later if appropriate.

I am posting this in HTML as it is compatible with all known computer systems & can be copied-and-pasted into any text editor for modification, then re-posted in HTML. If there is a better way of doing this, let me know.
So let's get cracking.

By the way, please could a mod 'sticky' this?'
Attachments
Wesnoth S&T 0.x.zip
This is the Guide!
(25.32 KiB) Downloaded 4044 times
Quensul
Art Contributor

Post by Quensul »

Sorry if I missed something, but is there a reason this isn't being put together on the Wiki? This kind of collaborative writing is exactly what Wikis were designed for...
Author of Wercator
gunsnwoses

Post by gunsnwoses »

Sorry.

In a previous post I asked how I should post the Guide, but nobody got back to me..

If you could set it up like you want - I'm not up on this sort of thing myself :oops: Thanks!
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

When I referred you to the Wiki for existing information about strategy, it should have been implicit that that was a reasonable place for strategy guides.

The Wiki has no monopoly, though, so you could post your document on a website somewhere. However, if you do, please add a link to it from the Wiki!
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Darkmoon

Post by Darkmoon »

Nah,... some of us have a block when it comes to things like that... and even if some newbie(to wiki/internet) gets enough courage to press "edit button" he might end up with this weird white box,... that in addition to all the things there also has weird words like href? and things like </a>?

A person could be afraid to touch things if only not to break anything. I bet a few people who play this game have no clue about these things,... or about wiki

I mean,... honestly... I know a few people((usually older folks, but it does not mean younger folks cannot be green in that area - in fact many are)) that were browsing internet for years and still have trouble even with simple cutting and pasting.

gunsnwoses, dont worry... various people know/can do various things, keep up the good work.
gunsnwoses

Post by gunsnwoses »

You are right - I don't want to mess things up, so I've posted the Guide, and would be delighted if someone could do something with it! It needs to be prominently located and easily editable - I've done my thing, now I'm hoping people who are good at strategy can fill in the blanks...
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

I've added a link to this thread from http://wesnoth.slack.it/?BestForumStrategies but I am concerned about the sustainability of pulling together a bunch of documents in the Wiki into a single place like this.

Those individual documents are edited and continually added to by a whole range of people, and you are trying to keep up with all those changes. Good luck, but perhaps it would just be easier to add your changes directly to the original documents.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

Hi this might be an old thread but I id read your strategie guide and noticed tha tin the spots where you have the missing stratgie against a specific faction you have in place for example:

Paragraph on best Loyalist stratigie against undead. Could my strategie fit in those spots here is a web link: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109

Look to part 2 for the information
:D
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109