Cities of the Frontier - 1.10.0

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Trossknecht

Cities of the Frontier - 1.10.0

Post by Trossknecht »

In the course of playing Cities of the Frontier (Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.0), a hostile Orc (or outlaw) landed on one of my villages (Hex 8,58) and set it on fire.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to extinguish the fire, thereby allowing me to rebuild the village? (I have tried placing various units, such as peasants and mages, to see if an option appeared on the right-click menu. Alas, nothing of the sort happened.)
Attachments
CotF-Spring_of_Raindrops_replay.gz
(93.33 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
CotF-Summer_of_Dreams_replay.gz
(97.84 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
CotF-Autumn_of_Gold_replay.gz
(118 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
otzenpunk

Re: Cities of the Frontier - 1.10.0

Post by otzenpunk »

You have to use a worker unit and build a new one at the same place.
Trossknecht

Post by Trossknecht »

Thank you!
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

The version for BFW 1.14 is broken. At the end of scenario 1 there is a save_map error, followed by a load_map error at the beginning of the next. This leaves the game with basically nothing to do.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

white_haired_uncle wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 9:26 pm The version for BFW 1.14 is broken. At the end of scenario 1 there is a save_map error, followed by a load_map error at the beginning of the next. This leaves the game with basically nothing to do.
I forwarded this to enclave for you (he's the one who uploaded the 1.14 version).
enclave

Post by enclave »

white_haired_uncle wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 9:26 pm The version for BFW 1.14 is broken. At the end of scenario 1 there is a save_map error, followed by a load_map error at the beginning of the next. This leaves the game with basically nothing to do.
sorry to hear that... I'm very short on time lately.. when I have time I will look into it... for now we can only leave the addon as a demo version... maybe somebody can pick it up before me to fix and maintain...