SotBE Back Home on Medium - Flar'tar is suicidal!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revolting_peasant

SotBE Back Home on Medium - Flar'tar is suicidal!

Post by revolting_peasant »

I'm playing Son of the Black Eye on medium difficulty, and am stumped by the "Back Home" scenario.

There are 4 enemy leaders: 3 Human General and an Elvish Champion. On my side, there's Kapoue, there's Gruu with his trolls, and two idiot Horde leaders, Flar'tar and Al'brock (Orcish Warlords)

Now, the two Human generals close to Kapoue and Gruu respectively are not much of a problem to kill. With Kapoue I am even able to kinda help out Al'brock with 3-4 wolves. However - Flar'tar is a different matter. I see absolutely no way of reaching him with my forces at any time before, say, turn 15 or 16. But because he's an idiot, and sends out his troops to fight in the snow even when I tell him to defend himself - his Orcs and Wolves get killed off relatively quickly, and by turn 9 or so he is in dire straits.

What can I do?
Poison

Re: SotBE Back Home on Medium - Flar'tar is suicidal!

Post by Poison »

Don't help AlBrock and go for Flartar with everything youve got to spare. Also, just like the siege scenario, wait for the dice to be in your favour. Those scenarios both need rework unless Im missing sth.
revolting_peasant

Re: SotBE Back Home on Medium - Flar'tar is suicidal!

Post by revolting_peasant »

Poison wrote: October 17th, 2018, 12:15 pm Don't help AlBrock and go for Flartar with everything youve got to spare.
So,
  • If I don't help AlBrock, he would die too - for the exact same reason. He sees, what, 4-5 units approaching him in the snow with reinforcements following, and instead of fighting them from within his castle - he sends out his troops to score some quick hits. They don't even all go for the same unit...
  • Even if I try to get to Flartar, I won't make it in time - not to mention the resistance from the middle-of-the-level Human General and a couple of Elven troops. Now, if Gruu could recruit something mobile (say, wolves), maybe I could do it; or the scenario could just give Flar'tar more money. But this way... I just can't make it.
Poison wrote: October 17th, 2018, 12:15 pm Also, just like the siege scenario, wait for the dice to be in your favour.
With 20% defense on snow, getting the dice significantly in your favor in a typical turn is extremely unlikely. Should I try something more