siege of elensefar

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Raiden

siege of elensefar

Post by Raiden »

i cant beat siege of elensefar could someone help me?
i have lord,elvish hero,elvish fighter,elvish ranger,trapper,2 elvish shaman,footpad,poacher,3 thug,mermen warrior with storm trident,mage,elvish raider.could someone tell me how to beat it without losing my best units.[/b]
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Re: siege of elensefar

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Raiden wrote:elvish raider
Elvish Raider? sounds like a nice name for a downgrade of the Elvish Pillager, but no such unit exists...
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Deathtenks

Post by Deathtenks »

I think he means rider...Ok first off get some Fighters and a few mages to hold the bridge closet to your outpost...Take a few horsemen left and try to assasinate the leader...Or if not then try to assassinate every other unit...TRY and get some White Mage's here or get on the way to getting some white mage's You will need them for an up coming scenario...And TRY to use your Lord to use leader ship on your horsemen if all possible this will make them good fighters even during the night(Still not recomended though).. But try to kill the leader before the undead get to the city...Or before they can start killing your units...This is the best advice I can offer you...Bey...it worked for me...
Victory to those who do not fear death!
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

If you want to get your guys upgraded, use everything to weaken the boss, then have a level 1 guy kill him. Worked really well in the first level for Konrad. Also, try to get more mages, they work the best against the undead, and baby them, you want them to upgrade. Red Mages are good because they can become Great Mages' eventually, but the White Mages' are the best against the undead. Also, about the horsmen, you only want to use them you you can kill the enemy with one blow, which works great since you definetly want to get a Grand Knight. Fighters and Archers don't do well against the skeletons, because they have a high resistance to pierce and blade, that's why you want the mages. The zombies are a great way to get your guys upgraded, but be careful, those killed by the zombies will become one themselves.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Hi,

I would suggest you to defend the forest and the village next to it during night. Even if the orcs have better defence at grassland than in water you will benefit your village/forest posion more.

You could try to defend the village with your hero. If he got killed you can try to use Konrad next. Put your ranger to the forest with an archer or fighter. At dawn attack orcs with horsemen and mages. If you use your shamans to slow down opponents they will earn experience. A few paladins are very useful later. Then follow orcs and kill the leader. Then you can use hold the keep against undead till you can attack them at next dawn.

Jussi
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

I don't know about that last strategy. It will take way to long. It would be better if you killed the orcs quickly, and used Konrad in the other keep. The skeletons are much easier to kill with the mages, and with Konrad in the city, you'd be able to get reinforcments faster. Also, if you really want some Pladins, you could do the same thing with the skeltons. But at this point, you really need a White Mage for a later mission. I mean you really, really, need a White Mage really, really bad. That should be your main focus on this mission.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

I had already knights before I entered the siege and managed to upgrade a couple of them to paladins before I met undead. Haven't tried my strategy without paladins. Possibly it would be more important to reach the orcish keep quick if you don't have paladins to assist you against undead. I managed to secure keep at the same time as first undeads reached my army.

I believe a minimum of three paladins is needed for Princess' Revenge to maintain zone of controll. I think druids and red mages can do the same job as white mages. Red mages are tougher than whites and can do more damage against most enemies. If you are playing the CVS version quick white mages may pay off because shydes are expensive to maintain in the Knalgan caves.

Jussi
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

The white mages are better against undead because their range attack is holy, and, when they are upgraded to a Mage of Light, they are simply the best. I'll place a little secret here. I think in about 3-4 mission you'll be attacked by a large amount of undead. On the map are two potions, that will make your attacks holy. give your Mage of Light one, and give the other one to a paladin if you have one, or a Champion. Sure, the Red Mage can become an Arch Mage which in turn becomes a Great Mage, which is indeed the best thing possible, but it takes a long time to get an Arch Mage. If you want to look at the difference, look HERE for the stats on a Mage of Light[/url]
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Assasin wrote:The white mages are better against undead because their range attack is holy, and, when they are upgraded to a Mage of Light, they are simply the best. I'll place a little secret here. I think in about 3-4 mission you'll be attacked by a large amount of undead. On the map are two potions, that will make your attacks holy. give your Mage of Light one, and give the other one to a paladin if you have one, or a Champion. Sure, the Red Mage can become an Arch Mage which in turn becomes a Great Mage, which is indeed the best thing possible, but it takes a long time to get an Arch Mage. If you want to look at the difference, look HERE for the stats on a Mage of Light[/url]
Why would you give holy water to a mage of light? Its already holy.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

only his range attack is. The water makes his melee attack holy also. So, total un-undead dude.
stillnotelf

Post by stillnotelf »

Why would you want to use the melee attack of a mage?
Usque adeone mori miserum est? After all, there's always a continue...
dtw

Post by dtw »

i reckon it would be hard with those units you have myself - i'd go back and rebuild you army
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Assasin wrote:The white mages are better against undead because their range attack is holy, and, when they are upgraded to a Mage of Light, they are simply the best. I'll place a little secret here. I think in about 3-4 mission you'll be attacked by a large amount of undead. On the map are two potions, that will make your attacks holy. give your Mage of Light one, and give the other one to a paladin if you have one, or a Champion. Sure, the Red Mage can become an Arch Mage which in turn becomes a Great Mage, which is indeed the best thing possible, but it takes a long time to get an Arch Mage. If you want to look at the difference, look HERE for the stats on a Mage of Light[/url]
Red mage line is better in most scenarios. They are good enough against undeads and do more damage against other opponents. Even a first level mage supported with Konrad's leadership can kill some second level undeads. If you advance some of your red mages to silver mages you can assasinate enemy leaders later.
Deathtenks

Post by Deathtenks »

Yes but White Mages heal your army when away from villeges. Oh and NEVER NEVER! give ANY mage Holy water. IT IS A WASTE. NOR do you give a Paladin Holy Water it is also a WASTE! Paladin already has a Holy Sword which is enough to kill Most Lvl 2 Undead in the day light if you are lucky. NEVER go for Arch Mage's or Great Mage's They take too long to get. That is enough of my ranting for me today =D
Victory to those who do not fear death!
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

stillnotelf wrote:Why would you want to use the melee attack of a mage?
You wouldn't want to, but if he is attacked, it most likely will be from a melee attack. And I think that the Arch and Great Mages' are a matter of opinion. If you are good at upgrading you guys, then you should try to get an Arch Mage, and a Mage of Light. Just place them together and they're great. If you get a Great Mage, great. He has a enough HP, and his range attack is unmatched. And I didn't know a Paladin had an holy melee attack, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it. I wouldn't give a Red Mage or any other mage on that line the holy water, I was only thinking about the Princesses Revenge. You could give it to a Champion, but not to a weak character such as a scout or archer, they will probably be targeted and die.