Long Isar - interesting game (aka Dharo's Epic)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

buddh

Long Isar - interesting game (aka Dharo's Epic)

Post by buddh »

Hi,

we just played a fish gambit on Isar and I think this game is rather remarkable in some points when it comes to strategy and compensating
for failure in the early opening stages/early middle game, in this case fish slaughter and failed attempt to kill the adept (0/6).

buddh (Loyals, Pikeman) - linark (Undead,Bone Shooter) - crowe (Dwarves, Steelclad) - Dharokan (Dwarves, Trapper)
Starting Time: Dawn

Loyals go with fish gambit early against a [19,14] steelclad failing two fishes badly in the early stages of the game. Early questionable skirmish
leaves Loyals down a bit but income stays with Loyal for a while. A crucial fail on the adept gives North the advantage which it tries to convert.
Dwarf levels fighter early blocking up the game a lot. Risky opening of central village opens battle again.
North looks good in his position but Purple's counter strike proves strong enough to keep South in the Game. A complicated struggle arises
in which Purple eventually breaks through first while Green obtains a Level 3 fighter. Clever Usage of a to-be-leveled Pad by Dharokan gives
him Initiative and later win.

Much to learn from it and exciting to watch as it was to play ^_^
Attachments
Dharosepic.gz
the game as.gz file, name given by me
(79.34 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
Elder2

Re: Long Isar - interesting game (aka Dharo's Epic)

Post by Elder2 »

22 turns...
buddh

Post by buddh »

I would appreciate if you just didn't comment my posts anymore.

There is never anything constructive in your posts. :whistle:
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Oh come on, you didn't have to wait a month until you got the courage to respond to me xD
buddh

Post by buddh »

actually I just look here once or twice a month best.

Edit Note: I don't want to sound too aggressive. But actually I think a player of your level should be above the need to talk down

the accomplishments of others, in this case, Dharokan. Ofc there have been longer games, it is not only about the length here. It is

about defeating a Level 3 dwarf after a fish gambit was put to pieces. And he did great in that.
Dharokan

Post by Dharokan »

Been a long time but ... thanks buddy :)
Error: signature too large