Did the game get harder or do I need to git gud?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Britannicus

Re: Did the game get harder or do I need to git gud?

Post by Britannicus »

Oh. My. God. I am so happy right now.

After getting frustrated by not being able to beat this scenario, I became driven, so I started the campaign over. Everything went pretty smoothly, and I started SoF with 261 Gold and a way better Army than last time, including two sorceresses and several units close to levelling up. I tried to closely emulate Mint's approach, and well... I finished on turn 20 with a carryover of 216 gold, levelled a bunch of units and only lost 3 freshly recruited fighters, one hero and the two loyal thiefs, but I've never been a fan of assassins anyway.

This has been my most satisfying gaming experience in years. Jesus Christ, Wesnoth is so much more fun without save-loading.

Thank you guys so much for helping me out and being patient with me, even when I was whining about bad luck. :D
Attachments
HttT-The_Siege_of_Elensefar_replay.gz
(58.64 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Britannicus wrote:Thank you guys so much for helping me out and being patient with me, even when I was whining about bad luck. :D
We all went through the same phase. Now that you understand the true value of Wesnoth, you will have a great time playing all the campaigns. Check out some of the popular UMC's too, those are much more satisfying to complete IMO. And there are many player replays available all around the forum, especially for difficult scenarios of various campaigns which can help you when you get stuck. And of course you can just directly ask for advice in which case many of us, me included, would love to show off *cough* i mean help out. :whistle:
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
Britannicus

Post by Britannicus »

Sudipta wrote:
Britannicus wrote:We all went through the same phase. Now that you understand the true value of Wesnoth, you will have a great time playing all the campaigns. Check out some of the popular UMC's too, those are much more satisfying to complete IMO. And there are many player replays available all around the forum, especially for difficult scenarios of various campaigns which can help you when you get stuck. And of course you can just directly ask for advice in which case many of us, me included, would love to show off *cough* i mean help out. :whistle:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. :) I'm definitely gonna try out at least IftU and then AtS, but I think I'll play through Mainline first. :)

Not to worry, pretty sure you'll have another chance to show off, errrm, show how it's done soon enough!