Let's Play After the Storm

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Re: Let's Play After the Storm

Post by ForestDragon »

more cannon fodder names: 'At least Galas was assassinated by an important shaxtal, unlike future me','DON'T COME AT ME!!!','Do drones eat orcs?','Spam (non-email edition)','Fodder Cannon'
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Classic Cannon Fodder names: Jools, Jops, Stoo, RJ
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Sadly we also lose Delicious the grunt in the northwest, and Redshirt the archer
Poor Delicious :/

How about name of cannon fodder- Sean Bean?
Caladbolg

Post by Caladbolg »

Classic Cannon Fodder names: Jools, Jops, Stoo, RJ
And Ubik and CJ too! ;)
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Delicius169 wrote:
Sadly we also lose Delicious the grunt in the northwest, and Redshirt the archer
Poor Delicious :/

How about name of cannon fodder- Sean Bean?
No way!! u want to name a lowly orcish grunt with the legendary sean bean? that is unforgivable! IMO, if anyone should be named Sean Bean in AtS, its ..
Spoiler:
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Of course Sean Bean can not die just like that... he must survive many battles, get many AMLAs and then die just like that....:-D
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Delicius169 wrote:Of course Sean Bean can not die just like that... he must survive many battles, get many AMLAs and then die just like that....:-D
If that's the case, then
large spoiler alert:
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

I think it's a sad commentary on my Wesnoth playstyle, that I use more cannon fodder than there are suggestions for names...
I didn't include ForestDragon's first one, since that wouldn't even come close to fitting (these are supposed to be names not essays :P )
Also I made Sean Bean a ghost, I hope that's acceptable, as you can't deny that ghosts are awesome!
E1 S11 – Return to Wesmere, Part 1
The melancholic desert landscape was dominated by an ominous stronghold in the north, guarding the entrance to the infested plains.

As our living troops were exhausted from the lengthy journey across the desert, we decided to stop and rest in the ruins of an ancient elvish outpost for a while, unsuspecting of our forthcoming final confrontation with the forces of Uria.
Looks like we’re stuck in the middle of several Chaos Empire armies.

We’ve got this rambling leader in the southeast…

…and another nuisance in the southwest. This guy gets straight to the point though, I like that!

(I’m not sure, but I think the gold carryover actually doesn’t matter here since later scenarios are done with limited recalls.)

This is a pretty easy scenario, as the Chaos Empire seems to be having budget issues (probably spent all their money on those stupid drones) and each leader has a relatively low amount of gold.

Map layout: we’re in the center with 3 enemies in the corners. There are also a bunch of chaos empire units (and drones of course, but not that many for once) scattered around.

Turn 1 (all turns in this scenario are night)

I recall the 3 loyal elves and get a bunch of level 1 spam.

Turn 2

I don’t think so. The “let cannon fodder act as distractions while Mal Keshar does all the work” strategy has worked in every scenario so far, and it will work in this one too.

The most dangerous enemies in this scenario are the ones in the north, since they do fire/arcane damage which will fry your undead. The best unit to use against them would probably be necromancers, which resist arcane and ignore the demon zephyrs' 50% terrain defense.

We get some more fodder; I recruit some different unit types for variety’s sake.

Turn 3

Mal Keshar goes off by himself and blasts the hellhound in the southwest.

The northern forces are still quite far away, so our cannon fodder horde heads south and I recall some veterans too, since my fodder never lasts for very long…
Elynia stays in the keep so she can recruit reinforcements as needed when the northern army arrives.

Turn 4

Mal Keshar obliterates a chaos invader and everyone else continues to head south; the green army is looking pretty small so we should be able to quickly get rid of them first.

Meanwhile in the southeast, the blue units mostly seem to be taking a detour northwest towards our keep.

Turn 5

The green units have kindly come to us so we can kill them more easily.

First things first, we bring in our two nightgaunts from the north to backstab the nearby ranged units.
Stoo softens up the level 2 crossbowman so the druid can get the kill and almost level.

We use Mal Keshar to obliterate the other level 2 crossbowman, and Do Drones Eat Orcs? failed to finish that dying chaos invader and takes a lot of retaliation, so he won’t live long enough to find out whether drones eat orcs…

You may notice that I made a huge mistake in this formation, which I will pay for next turn.

Meanwhile in the north, the demon zephyrs have started to arrive so I recall some powerful magical ranged attackers to deal with them.

Enemy turn:

Yep, I left an adept in range of that berserking puppy. :doh: Poor Ubik gets brutally mauled without ever doing a single point of damage.

Unfortunately, “Do drones eat orcs” isn’t long for this world either, which means…

Turn 6

Because our cannon fodder was so useless last turn, two chaos invaders were able to gang up on the almost leveling druid on the 50% hill, who died incredibly quickly. I hope we don’t need another healer for the later parts.

Jops the archer kills the dying chaos invader with the help of Naron’s leadership (which is all Naron is good for, though he is still being more helpful than Galas was) and the nightgaunt backstabs the bowman.

Our ranged units blast the remaining chaos invaders and Naron kills the annoying puppy. I tried to level the ghost on the dying chaos invader but it didn’t work, and the other nightgaunt didn’t manage to backstab the bowman at all.
We’ve managed to clear out most of the green army though.

Meanwhile, the northern forces are dealing with a demon zephyr infestation.

Our ranged magical units zap them, and we manage to have Vordel finish a zephyr and level, so now she’s like Kyara but with even less HP…

Jools the grunt softens up the remaining zephyr so that the necromancer can finish it in one shot from the village.

Turn 7

The green leader recklessly charges out to attack our nightgaunt. Now we have the big problem of how to kill a powerful level 3 unit on 60% defense.

Every problem has a solution.

Next we try to save Sean Bean the ghost, who has had several near (re)death experiences already, by leveling him. We move Naron over to give leadership and increase his damage from 4 to 5, so he’ll only need to hit the 5 HP bowman once.

It works and we get a new wraith! The other units head east to deal with the blue units.

Meanwhile in the north we’ve still got some dangerous ranged units to deal with.

The fodder ganged up on the nearby demon, and I tried to make a corpse out of the invoker using the necromancer’s plague staff but it didn’t work. Our dark sorcerer in the north is pretty much dead, but it doesn’t matter since this is sort of the last battle.

Kyara moves next to Vordel, who is already almost half dead just from finishing a psy crawler, in order to block the southwest demon zephyr from being able to reach. Not that it would be very sad if Vordel died either.

Turn 8

The green army is gone except for that chaos invader in the southwest, so we turn our attention to the blue army.

The wraith and nightgaunt kill off the southwest invader, while the other units… just miss a lot.

In the north, Jops finishes off the chaos cavalier and levels – I actually managed to level one of my fodder recruits before it died!!!

Meanwhile we’re still under attack from the north. We’ll start off by killing that annoying zephyr in the south.

The zephyr just refused to die so we had to spend a lot of units killing it. Meanwhile Elynia and the lich kill the invader and we have the fodder finish off the wounded invoker.

Turn 9

In the south Naron has a pretty close brush with death, but we level him up by killing the invoker.

We’ll send a small squad southeast to kill the leader there, and everyone else will head north to help out.

Things aren’t looking so good in the north though. We’re attacked from two sides, our cannon fodder is disappearing alarmingly quickly (partly due to getting bad RNG all scenario), and most of our units are wounded.
In times like these it’s best to just retreat and regroup.

Well, unless you’re ZOCed like CJ and can’t retreat, then it’s just tough luck. Elynia fills the keep with more fodder since I’ve already almost run out. (My ability to get fodder killed greatly exceeds my creativity though, so I didn’t come up with interesting names for them.)

Enemy turn:

CJ didn’t go down without a fight, and managed to kill an invoker in retaliation! We’re so proud.

Turn 10

There are hardly any blue units left in the south since they mostly went north, so our leader killing squad doesn’t meet much resistance.

The siege in the north continues, but all these invokers on bad terrain should be easy pickings now.

We start killing our way through the blue units, and even manage to make a corpse.

In the north we kill off a nearby demon and recruited a fodder adept in the northwest to help shield our important units.

Turn 11

The poor adept never even had a chance, but managed to distract several enemy units.

We start clearing out the northern enemies, and make another corpse while we’re at it.

I recall a couple spectres too, since I am tired of using units which only last for about one turn.

Turn 12

The enemies pretty much wasted their turn killing off the corpses of their former comrades.

We easily get rid of them, and that’s mostly the end of the northern army! The next few turns are a rather uneventful trek all the way north to the fortress.
(Skipping turn 13)

Turn 14

Meanwhile, our southern squad has finally reached the southeast leader.
The lich starts zapping the leader, and I start wishing I had brought more ranged units here because attacking the leader in melee is not a very exciting prospect.

Turn 15

Annoyingly the leader goes back to his keep and continues to pump out chaos invokers, which we have to focus on killing first.

Turn 16

Another invoker, there’s no end to them!!

This time we block the keep to put a stop to them. :twisted:

Turn 17

Spam (non email edition) valiantly attacks the leader, getting killed in the process.

Finally! I was starting to really worry that these useless units over here wouldn’t be able to kill the leader, since it’s too late to reinforce here.

Meanwhile our northern force (if you haven’t forgotten about them already) has finally made it to the northern fortress. There is was a pretty beefy guard blocking the way.

Everyone converges on the final leader, who is on his own now.
(Skipping turn 18)

Turn 19

He is like some kind of advertising agency for Uria…

Losses: too many to list…the druid was the only important one probably.
Restarts: none.

A couple of the original fodder units (Jops and Sean Bean) actually survived!

Cutscene: Departure

Probably, because we’ve been losing about half our units every scenario…

Aw how sweet, I think he is worried!

Wow, Mal Keshar being kind and caring, what are we going to see next, Kyara becoming useful?

Well actually, I think we have been doing a great job of wiping out our own orcs.

Yeah! We’re going to ditch that not so useful orc and completely useless archer, no more babysitting! (in this part, at least….)

Who needs strategy when you have Mal Keshar?

I hope she returns to her island, and stays there…

Attachments
AtS-1-Return_to_Wesmere_1_replay.gz
(84.71 KiB) Downloaded 703 times
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Well actually, I think we have been doing a great job of wiping out our own orcs.
:lol:

So THAT was Mal Keshar's plan all along!
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Hey, I don't have much to say, except thank you, Inky, I am really enjoying your playthroughs!

While we're at it: I request a fodder unit named Toc the Younger. That name can actually be recycled, as the poor lad is very adept at quasi-dying and never quite escaping his torment.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Naron

Post by Naron »

...with the help of Naron’s leadership (which is all Naron is good for, though he is still being more helpful than Galas was)
No! I thought I was awesome :(
More seriously, I like your playthrough, although it displays a shocking lack of empathy. Well, maybe I'm not used to this style.
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Thanks Whiskeyjack, I'll put the fodder name in Part 2!
Naron wrote:More seriously, I like your playthrough, although it displays a shocking lack of empathy.
Thanks Naron! Well, there are a lot of mean comments about the characters, but they're only meant to be funny and not taken seriously :whistle:
And if I have made light of the more serious moments in the campaign, it's because I can't think of any serious comment to write that wouldn't sound awkward, especially given the tone of the rest of the playthrough :hmm: These playthroughs were mainly intended as strategy guides with some humor so they'd be fun to read, I'm probably doing a terrible job communicating the story/characterization (probably made some of the text incoherent too since I cut out some parts due to space), but I think the best way to experience the story is to play the campaign anyway. :P
E1 S11 – Return to Wesmere – Part 2
No matter how many times I set foot in this ravaged land, the sight remains as appalling as ever.

Wesmere is cursed — no green life will ever thrive in it again, as long as the forces of Inferno thirst for revenge upon us.

Now that we head back into these caves, I can’t help but ponder Mal Keshar’s words... Am I in denial of my own thirst for revenge now? Perhaps my quest isn’t as noble as I want to believe it is.

“We aren’t that different after all.”
We can only use 6 units for this scenario (which is separated into 2 scenarios, but they both take place on this map.)

Turn 1

Spectres and nightgaunts are by far the best units to use here since they can fly over all the bad terrain and have good resistance to impact and cold, the main damage types in this scenario. (I got a necromancer in case there were any arcane damage enemies, but there weren’t so a spectre would have been better.)

Turn 2

The chaos empire probably dumped all their defective drones outside of this cave. With only 4 movement, these sentry drones are pretty crappy sentries and we just walk past them.

Turn 4

We head into the cave, where we’re welcomed by more drones.

The drones in this scenario are easy to deal with since they’ll come and melee attack anything you stick in their range, so all you have to do is keep your spectres on the front lines. The level 2 drones mostly come one at a time, so they aren’t much of a threat.

Turn 6

We head south further into the cave, through a bunch of rotting mushrooms and swamps. I’d hate to imagine the smell in this place…

Turn 7

There are also a lot of matrix flow systems (the glowing blue things) in this cave, which are basically just free healing for your spectres since they have 0% dodge and can be drained.

Turn 9

Speaking of free healing, the blue healing crystals scattered around the cave are useful for healing Elynia in case you don’t have the loyal druid.

Turn 11

There’s an impassible gate in the southeast, so we’ll have to take the scenic route.

Turn 13

We were more slowed down by the mushroom groves than by the pathetic enemies in that chamber.

Turn 16

We take a long hike through the narrow corridor. At least they were nice enough to put lots of flat terrain here.

Turn 19

We continue east; the enemies here are nothing to write home about either.

Turn 21

We arrive at the other side of the impassible gate from earlier. If only that gate had been a Door, sigh…

Turn 23

I am really running out of creative ways to say “we come across even more drones.”

Turn 25

There are also a whole ton of psy crawlers, a favorite snack for spectres. Their cold ranged damage is useless against undead and they can be drained in melee, so like the matrix flow systems they’re basically free spectre healing.

Turn 26

They are even nice enough to save you time by coming and melee attacking your spectres.

They get cleaned out in the blink of an eye.

Turn 28

Heading further north we discover the source of all these pests, a level 3 enforcer drone.

Turn 29

The drone leader comes out to attack. Unfortunately the nightgaunts can’t reach the hex behind it to backstab it.

Not that they’d be much help anyway, as they completely fail at backstabbing the level 1 drone in the south, so it takes 4 units to clear out that drone.
Elynia then comes and fries the wounded level 1 drone.

Which frees up the mushroom grove for our drone demolition expert to come in and blast the leader.

The two spectres then finish the job.
E1 S12 – The Queen
This scenario picks up exactly where the previous scenario left off.

We’ve got a bunch of my favorite enemy units here, this scenario is off to a good start!

Turn 31

Of course, there’s never anything good behind the doors.

Turn 32

We clear out the drones and Elynia just sits on the mushroom grove for a couple turns in order to heal. There’s another set of doors to the east.

Turn 34

Actually the matrix flow systems are even better than doors – free XP and free healing!

Turn 36

Continuing northeast, we come across a bunch of soulless having a pool party in the swamps.

Turn 38

I don’t know why the chaos empire thought it was a smart idea use matrix flow systems to block the path, but then again these are the same people who thought the Doors were an effective security system.

Turn 40

Either they are reciting a spell or they're choking to death, it’s hard to tell which.

Turn 42

We head north past more swamps and more drones…

Turn 44

…and arrive at a large, conspicuously empty area.

Turn 45

When we head further, all our units get teleported to the center and the entrance where we came from gets sealed off.

So far there are just some weak psy crawlers hanging around.

Turn 46

Science has gone too far, they’ve made a level 5 drone this time…

Well, things aren’t off to a good start.

Mal Keshar summoned us some fodder undead, which will distract the hive queen for a couple turns. We just kill off the surrounding level 1 drones; attacking the queen now is pointless since it has the "absorbs damage" ability and takes no damage.

Turn 47

Hey, it looks like they’ve also made huge versions of my favorite enemy, the matrix flow system! They are level 3 now, but still have 0% dodge and can be drained, so they are just as useless as before.

Nightgaunts backstab for 75 damage, which happens to be greater than 64.

Every time you destroy a core, the hive queen takes 16 damage.

Two spectres destroy the second core, Mal Keshar and another spectre get rid of the third core, and the other nightgaunt backstabs the final one.
Those were the weakest level 3 units I've ever seen (I hope they will make level 3 Doors next!)

Turn 48

With all the cores gone we can now damage the hive queen, so the nightgaunts have a backstabbing party.

And the other units easily finish it off.

Ka-boom!

Losses: the fodder revenant
Restarts: none

Wait, don’t go… how are we going to instantly kill leaders from 1 hex now? :(

“Diverse backgrounds” is a nice way to put the fact that we’ve got orcs, skeletons and walking dead in our army.

You mean we’re going to have to go babysit her again?!

Nooo, all my AMLAed veterans!

Elynia starts wandering to the west for the next few turns.

Anlindë, Lédinor, Galas, Mal Keshar... it seems being a leader in this campaign is even more dangerous than being a regular recruit! :augh:

Oh no, nothing good ever happens when someone starts hearing voices (remember Galas and Lédinor?)

See what I mean!

Wherever it is, I like it – 70% defense everywhere!

Cutscene: Death and Rebirth

Bad news, it looks like they’ve got more of whatever we destroyed under Wesmere.

“Other hives”?! :augh:

End of Part I
Part I stats
Many of the losses were the useless allies from Scenario 3, but still, the mortality rate of my army in this part is rather disturbing…

A look back at the various units from Part I:

Most useless unit type:

What exactly are you supposed to do with these useless 4 movement units? Make more useless 4 movement units?

Most awesome unit type:

In addition to being able to nightstalk, skirmish, and backstab for ridiculous damage, nightgaunts also look really cool!

Most useless unit:

If you manage to babysit Vordel to level 3, you are rewarded with a 45 HP lawful unit, just as the campaign becomes permanently night.
She is pictured here in her usual state, which is almost dead.

Most awesome unit:

More than his ability to demolish just about any unit, I’ll miss Mal Keshar’s witty dialogue… :(

Units I never want to see again:

This isn’t even a complete list, there were a bunch of other types…

Units I’d love to see again!

;)
Attachments
AtS-1-Return_to_Wesmere_2_replay.gz
(64.79 KiB) Downloaded 727 times
AtS-1-The_Queen_replay.gz
(72.21 KiB) Downloaded 759 times
daud2001

Post by daud2001 »

S11 reminds me of my sister's joke about how my Dark Adept was killed by a dog. :lol:
A fan and a player since kindergarten.
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Episode II: Fate
E2 S1 – By the Moonlight
The campaign’s most awesome character is here! Oh wait, it’s just a flashback :(

(I like how Elynia and Mal Keshar are at almost full health while Galas is already half dead - typical!)

I found myself in the middle of a glade, lying on the ground. My entire body was in pain and my clothes were considerably scorched, but somehow... I had survived.

It took me some time to recover from the initial stupor and remember what had happened moments before. The terrifying feeling of my soul fading away, the crumbling underground hive, my despair as I struggled to find a way back to the surface... and my only remaining friend...

Malin Keshar.

His dark existence full of resentment and spite, an eternity spent as a harbinger of death and destruction... an eternity at long last come to an end, but not without first proving his worth against the Chaos Emperor and the creature in possession of Yechnagoth’s heart.

Oh, who would have ever thought that I would grieve for he whom I was once destined to eliminate, or that his final death would be one befitting a hero?
He'll be missed. Hopefully he is in lich heaven, zapping orcs with his 13-5 magical attack.
As my memory became clearer, I realized I had cast the teleport spell at the last moment, as if by instinct, in a desperate attempt to escape to the surface. However, a quick glance at my surroundings revealed that it didn’t work quite as I had intended; instead, it had taken me far away from the cursed plains of Wesmere.

But how far, exactly?
That teleport spell should really have come with a warning, because it never works correctly…

Turn 1

There are some wolves around, but they aren’t any threat if Elynia stays in the forest where she is invisible.

Turn 3

Finally, back to civilization!

Turn 6, First Morning

We encounter the usual useless allies.

And we get the usual warm welcome.

What, with your 3-2 dagger attack?

Finally, an adult shows up. Maybe we’ll get somewhere now.

…or not.

Well, sorry we were too busy saving the world to come and babysit your puny little village.

I think I know where this is going... :doh:

Do you want us to do your cooking and cleaning too? I feel like we’re being taken advantage of here…

Man, looking at these crappy recruits just makes me miss Mal Keshar even more. At least all of them are good against undead.

The first thing we’ll need to do is to start making money by stealing all of our ally’s villages. We had barely any gold to start with but fortunately we have access to cheap child labor in the form of ruffians. They'll run around grabbing villages before sacrificing themselves for the cause.

Turn 9, First Dusk

A couple undead arrive ahead of the main army. They mostly get killed by the allies but a sprite manages to sneak in a kill.

Turn 11, Second Dawn

Now that we’ve stolen all our ally’s villages, we’re making enough money to churn out one footpad per turn.
Intelligent/quick is pretty much the worst set of traits you can get, so I designate that one as the fodder footpad.

Turn 12, Second Morning

It's like a footpad convention over here. The lawful sprite starts roasting an enemy footpad.

Turn 13, Second Midday

The sprite finishes cooking the footpad, while an alarming amount of skeleton archers starts to arrive.

A resilient/strong footpad gets on the village to hold off the archer horde while our other footpads catch up. Elynia stays on the keep to continue operating the footpad factory.

Turn 14, Second Afternoon

The undead continue to pour in, but they’re completely useless during the day so it’s safe to stick around for a while longer.
The 18 HP footpad on the mountain is the perfect target for our sprite who does 6-4 magical damage.

The sprite gets some good experience, and the other footpads make a line and try to whittle down the nearby undead.

Turn 15, Second Dusk

The enemies didn’t manage to do much last turn except kill a useless allied poacher, which was actually a good thing since it frees up the hex for the experienced sprite to come finish the dying skeleton in the forest.

The sprite successfully levels, and we make a wall of footpads. A ruffian offers himself up in the forest as a distraction.

Turn 16, The Long Dark (1)

Time to leave! The wounded footpads run to Elynia for medical attention.
Fighting a giant mob of skeletons during the night isn’t a good idea, as our stupid allies will now demonstrate.

Turn 17, The Long Dark (2)

The allies did manage to kill a couple undead before getting brutally massacred, but one of the allied thugs got turned into a corpse and the remaining dying thug will also get zombified next turn.

I am used to allies in Wesnoth being completely useless, but having them create new units for the enemy side is a new low.

Turn 18, The Long Dark (3)

It probably would have been a good idea to continue retreating, but those tasty skeleton archers on 40% were very tempting.

We finish off the dying archer and a mob of footpads kills another. Elynia has been recruiting some sprites since The Long Dark will be over soon.

Turn 19, The Long Dark (4)

One of our footpads got turned into a corpse, so now it’s like the zombie apocalypse over here.

The last thing we need is to let them make even more corpses, so our footpads do what they do best – run for their lives!

Turn 20, First Dawn

Things are looking a lot better now that night is over. We’ll have the sprites incinerate the two nearby wounded footpads, and then make a line.

Elynia in the forest is basically invincible, so she takes the corner of the formation.

Turn 21, First Morning

Now that it’s day it’s time to set some undead on fire!

We clear out most of the nearby enemies, and Elynia moves in front to fry a corpse and help shield the other units.

Turn 22, First Midday

They mostly ganged up on poor Toc the Younger, who came disturbingly close to becoming another member of the zombie horde.

Elynia and the sprites easily fry most of the remaining undead.

All these useless footpads, on the other hand, can’t even manage to kill a wounded skeleton archer. Since Meryan took a lot of retaliation from failing to finish the archer, Toc the Younger offers himself up as bait.

Turn 23, First Afternoon

Wow, Toc actually made it! As an added bonus, he didn’t kill the archer so now someone useful can get the XP.
We clear out the last two archers and then start marching on the enemy keep for the next few turns.

Turn 26, Second Dawn

We don’t meet much opposition at all. There are a few revenants standing guard nearby, which will start to move when you get near.

Footpads make great revenant bait.

Turn 27, Second Morning

The sprites then set fire to the revenants. Easy XP!

Turn 28, Second Midday

We start approaching the enemy keep, where there are a couple more revenants to provide more easy XP.

Turn 29, Second Afternoon

Oh hi Aethyr, I forgot all about you since you were over here doing nothing all scenario.

I like his cheerful attitude!

Some sprites try to lure out the lich, but he seems to prefer sitting in his keep. Guess he's all talk and no action.

Turn 30, Second Dusk

Normally this is where we’d just one shot the leader with Mal Keshar, but I guess we’ll just have to make do with what we have… First, Elynia slows the lich.

And then a bunch of sprites whittle him down.

Turn 31, The Long Dark

The lich is conveniently one footpad hit away from dying. There’s a risk of the footpad dying, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

It works! He does the usual running away when defeated (complete with the obligatory maniacal laughter), but at least we still get the experience from the kill.

No thanks to you…

“Most capable hunters” sounds pretty promising, maybe we’ll get a useful ally for once (spoiler alert: we won’t).

Advancements: 3 outlaws, 3 fire faeries
Losses: sprite, footpad, 3 ruffians
Restarts: none

Despite my best efforts I didn’t get the fodder footpad killed, but there is always next scenario…
Attachments
AtS-2-By_the_Moonlight_replay.gz
(41.96 KiB) Downloaded 725 times
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Great! :) looking forward to the next scenario.