Help needed with The War Against The Black Army

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FPSlover

Help needed with The War Against The Black Army

Post by FPSlover »

Hello everyone, I am having a bit of trouble with "The War Against The Black Army", the campaign that comes with the 18th century MP Era. In the first scenario, I level my skirmisher (to sharpshooter), both my infantry (to veteran infantry) and my conscripts (to infantry and then a bit), and the rest of my units have a good amount of experience. I start the second scenario and I find out that
Spoiler:
. To make matters worse,
Spoiler:
. With Militia as my only option against veteran units, I end up slaughtered and loose the scenario.

Is anyone able to help me with this? I played on normal and am an experienced player, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Thank you,

FPSlover
ForestDragon

Re: Help needed with The War Against The Black Army

Post by ForestDragon »

maybe retry the campaign, and make sure most of your 1st scenario units are dead at the end of the first scenario
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Grinf

Re: Help needed with The War Against The Black Army

Post by Grinf »

I also need help! I'm new to Wesnoth and I started the first scenario of the campaign on Easy. I keep getting slaughtered by endless waves of peasants. They don't give me xp for fighting them, so even after I kill 40 of them, I am backed in a corner with five units, no gold and hardly any villages. I have tried covering different parts of the terrain and capturing villages to slow down the enemy but there's no end to them. Is this how it's supposed to go? What can I do?