Help needed playing To Lands Unknown

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shadow12

Help needed playing To Lands Unknown

Post by shadow12 »

I just finished Legend of the Invincibles and A Beautiful Child, so thought I would try To Lands Unknown next. First off this campaign has beautiful graphics and a great story. But I am having problems with my stratagy, not sure what I am doing wrong. Having to reload many times because I lose. Now I am on the Great Desert scenario and I lose at turn 8 or so when having to protect Rashti. Also lots of reloads in the previous scenarios.

My recalls: 2 Neutral Summoners, 3 Heavy Summoners, a couple Heavy Camels, a Water Avatar, Ho'Rhami, a Banisher, and assorted L1. I was warned not to use magical units or red units, so didn't summon jins or rhamis, except Ho'Rhami.

Every scenario I am using all of the starting gold for recalls, no carryover gold and always in the red. Playing Medium difficulty.
Spoiler:
Last edited by shadow12 on December 8th, 2016, 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes life unexpectedly throws a Troll or a nasty Queen Naga in your path.
Eagle_11

Re: Help needed playing To Lands Unknown

Post by Eagle_11 »

Dont use an water elemental in the middle of the desert, you want fire elementals and air elementals against those guys.
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

Aw yes, I switched him to Air and he did much better. I think I spent too much time in the previous scenarios advancing the Summoners and should have advanced more Elements. Mehir was a Grand Summoner until the change in this scenario, a couple of them would be good to have. I think I will go back and replay a couple of scenarios. :)
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Sorry for the late post, but if u are still stuck in this campaign, i would recommend better strategy. TLU is a difficult campaign and i remember having a hard time with it in many scenarios. Your low starting gold and low gold carryover is part of the problem.. Instead of using all veteran units , u will need some lv 1 units as fodder to protect your important ones. Also, its very important to make proper use of unit abilities.. The MegaCircle ability of the LV 4 Summoners is very handy in most situations. Also do not overly rely on Rashti. Though she is powerful, enemies can chain attack her and kill her with ease if u leave her unprotected. Hope this helps
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

Yes, very helpful tips, thanks!

A New Team Red:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the help, sometimes we just need a pair of fresh eyes when we get stuck. Happy to say I finished the campaign without any more problems. A couple bad decisions early on can really have a snowball effect.

A very memorable campaign with a captivating story! I also liked the colors of magic, reminded me a little of Warcraft. TLU is one of my favorites, one of the best campaigns out there!