Count Kromire - Valemoi

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

taptap

Count Kromire - Valemoi

Post by taptap »

Need help. I once were able to finish this, not so now. (Hard difficulty, minimum = 250 gold, decent-ish recalls.) The ally is pretty useless and recruits only Gargoyles. Anyone?
Attachments
CK-Valemoi.gz
(10.46 KiB) Downloaded 496 times
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Count Kromire - Valemoi

Post by Velensk »

EDIT: I didn't notice you posted a save. I completed the mission from my save instead. Hopefully it works just as well for you.

I will say on this scenario to keep trying. Due to the way it's designed there is a strong element of luck. All those little AI vs AI engagements at the start make a huge difference in how hard your work is and you have very little control over them. If Valemoi's troops collapse too quickly it can make this scenario pretty impossible on minimum gold. That said, how effective your ally is, does depend quite a bit on how you support him (I.E. how well you can use him as a meat shield) so have a lot of damage to sit behind those gargoyles

The other thing to note is that there is a ton of potential income on this map; as such, Kromire at a castle can basically be a front by himself. Because of this, you want to send almost all of your initial forces toward the warg and Kromire (+Igor) nearly alone to deal with the elementals. With leadership, a steady recruit of mages can eventually overcome the tide of elementals. To beat the warg, use blood born (or ally units) and other easy pickings to get them out of cover and into the area where your archers and more heavy melee can pound them but be sure to have a couple mages for when the skirmish inevitably sprawls back into cover.

As a side note: if you want Valemoi to recruit less gargoyles in a way that won't mess up multiplayer or change the scenario itself much, you can set Valemoi to recruit 1 scout per 50 villages or something similar (gargoyles are classified as a scout for some reason and there are many villages on this map).

The replay below shows a game where I got exceptionally lucky on the AI dice but I assert that it is still doable even if Valemoi's troops prove to be less bizarrely resilient.
Attachments
CK-Valemoi_replay.gz
(82.51 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
taptap

Re: Count Kromire - Valemoi

Post by taptap »

Thank you! Fairly similar assets it seems. I did retry the previous scenario looking for gold, but when I did the math I decided just to optimise experience instead, seems hard to get much more than 250 with the amount of villages in the previous scenario.

I had so far tried different variants, when I went after the warg I managed to defeat his initial forces, but was then tied down close to Valemoi to defend him against the violet and se warg forces. So your solution is a much more one sided commitment for rapid expansion and hoping the other side holds, will try. Another attempt had me going for elementals and trying to only hold the center, this almost worked (first elemental was down and I was about to reunite the forces, but my center collapsed to the combination of fire sprites and wargs before I could reinforce.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.