Invasion from the Unknown Walkthrough on the Wiki!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Inky
Forum Moderator

Invasion from the Unknown Walkthrough on the Wiki!

Post by Inky »

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/IftU_Walkthrough

I finally finished writing the IftU walkthrough! I also added a section about general campaign strategy and an item list. Hope it's helpful!

Feel free to make corrections or add your own advice. Or if you have any comments you can post in this thread too.
ForestDragon

Re: Invasion from the Unknown Walkthrough on the Wiki!

Post by ForestDragon »

perfect! ^_^ i am reading it, and i can say, it's amazing!
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Caladbolg

Post by Caladbolg »

Amazing work as always :D
Theron

Post by Theron »

One of my „elite“ units is a Death Knight with the Poisonous Bow and the Void Armor. I always start developing him in S04.

(Skeleton>Death Baron>) Death Knight:
strong melee attack, weak ranged attack, undead resistances, leadership.

Poisonous Bow (item in S08):
strong ranged attack, poisons.
(Can be used by Skeleton Archer,Revenant,Bone Shooter,Death Knight,Death Baron,Draug,Banebow,Elvish Archer,Elvish Marksman,Elvish Sharpshooter,Elvish Ranger,Elvish Avenger,Elvish Hero,Elvish Champion).

Void Armor (secret item in S07):
strong physical (blade,pierce,impact) resistances and increases fire resistance by 10%.
(Can be used by Elvish Fighter,Elvish Captain,Elvish Hero,Elvish Marshal,Elvish Champion,Elvish Ranger,Elvish Avenger,Skeleton,Deathblade,Revenant,Draug,Death Baron,Death Knight,Skeleton Rider,Bone Knight).

My reasoning for choosing a Death Knight:
Most of these elves have awful cave movement.
There are many scenarios which favor chaotic units.
There are many enemies with impact attacks which would be deadly for skeletal undead (at least Mal Keshar has lots of HP). While the Void Armor’s fixed strong blade and pierce resistances are wasted on skeletal undead elves would still be vulnerable to cold attacks. Arcane attacks can be avoided by undead units.
Later in the campaign „elite“ units are wanted (lots of AMLAs and item stacking).
While a Draug has 5 more HP and an even stronger melee attack than a Death Knight I prefer the leadership ability. (Imagine an undead strike group consisting of a Necromancer (plague), Death Knight (leadership, poison (to prepare plague)), Ghoul/Necrophage (poison (to prepare plague), Elvish Shyde (healing, not disturbing the chaotic status) and lots of Walking Corpses/Soulless).

Nerved because of me (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23379):
Walking Corpses/Soulless aren’t transferred anymore in the last scenarios.
A Forest Spirit (undead Sprite) with Ring of Regeneration and drain potion was OP.
Necrophage: I once got one to 128 HP using AMLAs and feeding.
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Thanks for the comments!

Hi Theron (I shamelessly copy & pasted one of your old forum posts while writing the S1 entry :D)
Feel free to add your info to the wiki page, maybe we could start a new section under the Item List where players can share their favorite OP units. Though in the latest version the ghouls got removed so no more super necrophages sadly.

Void armor: I guess I should add this to the wiki, though it seems to me that the player isn't actually meant to find it. I feel like Galas would be the best choice for it, since he needs to stay alive and he can benefit from all the resistances.