Let’s Play Invasion from the Unknown 2.0 (Parts I and II)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sire

Re: Let’s Play Invasion from the Unknown 2.0 (Parts I and II

Post by Sire »

Congratulations on beating Part II!

I can imagine making these posts rather tedious. Do you take screenshots during your current playthrough and write a note about it or reflect on your thoughts during a replay? I know there is some editing involved, then there is the matter of keeping them in order, uploading them somewhere, and pasting them into the post proper alongside the commentary.

At any rate, I look forward to your next project, whatever it may be. Until then, enjoy your break!
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Sire: Thanks!

I don't write anything down while I'm playing, I just take a bunch of screenshots (which are automatically saved in a folder) - this way I can play without interruptions and if I need to restart the scenario it's not any extra work. Then later I go through the screenshots, delete the redundant ones, and write the commentary based on the screenshots/my memory. (Writing the comments is definitely the most time consuming part!)

(p.s. I'm currently playing Red Winter :) - I'll write some comments on it soon.)
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

This was a nice read, thanks for making this!
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Since i read your other lets play i decided i would read this one also (even though i haven't played IftU) and it was super enjoyable!!!!!!! (I would continue putting exclamation marks but never could put down enough)

I can't wait till you write another Let's Play! :D Great job (and i like your game strategies)
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

:D :) ^_^ :D (I would put more smilies but no amount would be enough) I'm really happy that people liked it so much! Of course, the real credit goes to the campaign authors for making such entertaining campaigns to do playthroughs of :)

Making these was a lot of fun so I'm planning to do another one sometime!

And I would highly recommend playing IftU and After the Storm for their amazing story and characters! (I don't think I did the characterization justice since I cut out most of the text in the interest of space.)
lesasch

Post by lesasch »

Hey Inky,
a big thank you for investing that much work in this excellent Walkthrough !! The pictured step-by-step style are really educative and your commenting-style make the whole thing an enjoyable read. Damn, I still have so much to learn, which is probably the reason why I got stuck somewhere round Dark Hive and gave up on the whole thing. Now I feel inspired to retry...
Strange enough, I do have a Enchantress that levelled to Sylph (see screenshot) and I did the campaign around the same time as you did (May/June 2016) :hmm:

How much exclamation marks on "Great Job!!!!!!" does it take to lure you into making another one ? Got plenty left.... ;)
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-01-16 16-59-00.png
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Thanks lesasch!! I am planning to do a playthrough of AtS soon :)
lesasch wrote:Strange enough, I do have a Enchantress that levelled to Sylph
Hey no fair, I want a sylph too! :D
If you were playing the new version of the campaign (without the Elvish spirit and Aragwaithi recruits), then you may want to report this bug in the feedback thread.
lesasch

Post by lesasch »

The might be it - I do not remember an Elvish spirit or being able to recruit Aragwhaitis...I lost her anyway in the Assault on the Heart :(
But thanks to the motiviation I draw from reading the Walkthrough I finally finished the campaign. 8)

So, After the Storm, that probably means Drones again... Are you sure you want to risk your mental health for us ? ;)