Let's Play Legend of the Invincibles!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sire

Re: Let's Play Legend of the Invincibles!

Post by Sire »

Just a post that you have another interested reader of this Let's Play.

I look forward to your item analysis. While I am currently on Part Two (which is different from Part One), your opinions on items is greatly appreciated.

However, as for the Amulet of Twilight, while somewhat it sucks on its own, it shines when combined with another alignment altering item. I do not know if this functionality is intentional or not, but I use the Amulet of Twilight on Lethalia alongside her other items. Here are some pictures of endgame Part One Lethalia (stats only, normal difficulty, minor unit spoiler?). She is focused on improving her Faerie Fire as much as possible.
Pictures:
Essentially, equip the Amulet of Twilight first and then equip another alignment-altering item (I used the Winged Axe because I like the teleport it provides, and it sets the alignment back to Neutral). Afterwards, you have an Amulet of Twilight with almost no drawbacks unless you really wanted a different item in the slot used to change the alignment again.

Either way, I hope this proves to be useful in your campaign. Best of luck to you.
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
IywIYchI

Post by IywIYchI »

Scenario 12: Toxic Sun

Thank you all for your kind words, they are encouraging to hear!

@Sire: excellent idea to use the Amulet of Twilight with another alignment altering item to nullify the liminal status, I will look for opportunities to do that in my playthrough. I will definitely make efforts to give more item analysis, but I must say that anything I say is just based on my personal experience playing the campaign through one time with bias due to the items I found, the units I promoted, and the AMLA’s I chose. I have little knowledge of the units I have not tried out, the items I have never found, and the AMLA’s I have never chosen, and I like to keep it that way so the campaign stays exciting for me :)
Spoiler:
Attachments
LotI1-Toxic_Sun_replay.gz
(425.12 KiB) Downloaded 723 times
IywIYchI

Post by IywIYchI »

Scenario 13: Twilight
Spoiler:
Attachments
LotI1-Twilight_replay.gz
(366.61 KiB) Downloaded 727 times
IywIYchI

Post by IywIYchI »

I apologize guys, but I must take a break from doing this as I recently injured my fingers (not from doing this or playing Wesnoth), making it very painful to type and do computer stuff in general. I'll get back to this as soon as I can, but I have no idea how long it will take to recover. Cheers guys and happy Wesnothing! :D
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I've been watching this thread for quite some time and I must say that I really like it.

All the details you include are providing really important feedback to me. You've found lot of tactically important locations and strategic approaches that I have not created intentionally, it just appeared somehow as a result of unintentional actions. Thank you for the feedback and popularisation of my work. Let's hope you'll get well soon.
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

Very helpful write-ups. I'm glad I found them and happy to see that (up until this scenario) I was on the right track. Thank you for taking the time to do this, it is very much appreciated. Hope your hands get better soon.

I am stuck on "Where the Sun Does Not Shine." I think I messed up Big Time.
Spoiler:
Last edited by shadow12 on March 20th, 2016, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes life unexpectedly throws a Troll or a nasty Queen Naga in your path.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The path is blocked until you kill the dragon. I am quite sure that some character hints about that.
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

Dugi wrote:The path is blocked until you kill the dragon. I am quite sure that some character hints about that.
Thanks for the reply. I remember the Dragon bragging how awesome he was but obviously missed any hints about killing him.

If I was able to lure the Dragon away (and I am not a very good player), it is likely that other people might do the same. It seemed logical at the time, to avoid the risk of getting one of my main units seriously wounded or killed.

Really excellent campaign by the way, just excellent.
Spoiler:
Sometimes life unexpectedly throws a Troll or a nasty Queen Naga in your path.
ragefighter

Post by ragefighter »

hello dugi 2 weeks ago stuck in loi 2 on a mission that sends you to find a yarae
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

ragefighter wrote: January 15th, 2019, 3:35 am hello dugi 2 weeks ago stuck in loi 2 on a mission that sends you to find a yarae
Get one of your main heroes killed and you will get forwards.
Rakc

Post by Rakc »

I'm surprised that nobody pointed it out that the armor in "The assassination" can easely be retrieved if you wait few turns before finishing off the boss.
Spoiler:
On my first playthrough I also didn't pick it, but on my 2nd I got curious about it.