The South Guard - Pebbles in the Flood (Easy 24 turns)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

omalginu

The South Guard - Pebbles in the Flood (Easy 24 turns)

Post by omalginu »

So I have been playing Wesnoth for 9 years by now and I have found a glitch while playing The South Guard, the mission: Pebbles in the Flood.
In this scenario you have to make Gerrick to survive as long as possible, so I entered the scenario with Gerrick needing 1 exp to level 3. My strategy was to use Footpads to have 70% chance to survive every turn whilemy others forces provided 3 free damage turns.
I ended having Gerrick in this position and when I was hoping for him to survive at least 4 turns alone, he managed to have infinite turns of inmunity, because the enemies won't attack him. Here's a screenshot. If anyone is having troubles with this scenario, I recommend that you bring Gerrick with 1 exp to level up and place him in this exact position. Maybe it was the enemies that I'm facing the reason that they won't attack me, but I have a legendary 53 turns survived until I got bored and decided to fight, leveling up and getting killed in 3 turns XD

Wesnoth version 1.12.1.
Campaign level: Hard difficulty.

Good luck, comrades.
Attachments
Gerrick OP.png
omalginu

Re: The South Guard - Pebbles in the Flood (Easy 24 turns)

Post by omalginu »

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, with 53 turns survived I had 900 gold, the same as Mal M'Brin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Yeah, it looks pretty ridiculous. There is another thread on this topic. It's a known problem, and mattsc created a new AI that will fix it in later versions of BfW.

Edit: BTW, welcome to the forums! (We prefer that you don't double-post.)
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
omalginu

Post by omalginu »

Oh sorry, didn't knew that it has already been discovered... but at least, I found it has been without solution at the most recent patch :p
So many years playing this game and I have just visited the forums for the first time XD