Seeking help for "breaking the curse" scenario from SWC

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SSDP

Seeking help for "breaking the curse" scenario from SWC

Post by SSDP »

Hi there,

After playing through the other EoFM campaigns I decided to play this one on easy, and still got stuck :( . My roster took quite a beating from an earlier scenario, but i'm entering this fight with a hefty bit of gold (600). My initial attempts involved spamming a keep of wanderers on turn 1 in an effort to hold the enemy in the swamp, followed on turn 2 by a few rocs for mobility and chanters to hit pygmies that make it into the forest. This line falls too quickly however, and i'm hesitant to recruit more and have a deeply negative upkeep due to this being the penultimate scenario.

I have a couple shieks and a mullah on the recall list, but haven't brought them out for fear of losing them in what seems to be a high-casualty situation. Aside from those, my vets consist of 2 gouns, 2 ensnarers, and a near-levelled amir.

Any and all advice is welcome, thank you ;)
Tom_Of_Wesnoth

Re: Seeking help for "breaking the curse" scenario from SWC

Post by Tom_Of_Wesnoth »

You might have to try bringing out your Sheiks and Mullah. You'll risk losing them but their power will be very useful, and it might be the only way to win the battle.
If presented with the opportunity, I would take great pleasure in becoming a world ruler.
SSDP

Post by SSDP »

Just got through it, and you were absolutely right. I ended up losing both the shieks, but they were instrumental in picking off wounded pygmies before they could self-heal. The mullah's illumination was a bit tricky because of all the liminal enemies, but ultimately forced me to keep him safe enough to survive. After glancing at the next map, I think i'll take a break for today and come back to it tomorrow lol.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

As a note, I would appreciate it if after you finish the campaign (or even if you can't) that you provide feedback for Swamp Witch's Curse. When I first made the feedback thread I mentioned that I hadn't been able to beat it on hard. Promptly, nearly every tester felt they had to test it on hard and it seems most of them didn't finish. Either way though, I'm a little short on feedback for this one and I'd like to have a stronger idea of what needs fixing before I make any changes.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."