My First Post How to beat scenario 11 DiD

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gweddeoran

My First Post How to beat scenario 11 DiD

Post by Gweddeoran »

Hello all
I am new here though I have been playing wesnoth for 7 months with a wesbreak.
I lost all my vets in alone at last except a necrophage and the trolls are barging in and are eliminating everything when I enter my keep .
. I am playing on easy
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Re: My First Post How to beat scenario 11 DiD

Post by max_torch »

You should be able to reach the keep at around turn 15 or 16.. Recruit some level 1 and zombies and go to either the left or right cave and then kill some of the enemies (better yet all) there in order to level them up and in order for Malin to regain his hp. Your necrophage would be helpful as a tank in order to draw close enemy trolls then Malin makes the kill. Do not recruit bats. You should accompany them together with Malin. The left cave would have more opportunities for you to get xp to level your units, Then when you reach the center you should have some zombies or level 2 units ready to take on the troll leader. Yes I too lost all my vets in Alone at Last but the sheer power of Malin as a lich is just devastating. Do not worry about gold or finishing fast.
You can actually win this with very little gold and very few recruits/recalls, not even using up all the provided minimum gold.
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

thnx sorry i was offline
Maiklas3000

Post by Maiklas3000 »

In case you didn't know, there is also the walkthrough:

http://wiki.wesnoth.org/DescentIntoDark ... o_Darkness

And the scenario reviews:

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 0&start=15
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I would probably recruit all ghosts, which level up quickly, and advance them to wraiths, while taking out troll shaman asap with Malin.
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

hello maiklas300
i know bout the walkthrough nd rewievs but there was no useful advice there but i beat it anyway and i now finished DiD
Thanks crow t