How do you guys deal with heavy infantrymen as knalgans?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Oz0

How do you guys deal with heavy infantrymen as knalgans?

Post by Oz0 »

They're resistant to your pierce ranged attacks and dwarves have no fire damage to give. Any tips?
tekelili

Re: How do you guys deal with heavy infantrymen as knalgans?

Post by tekelili »

A direct attack over a HI in a defensive position can be painfull, but loy player will be weakening his attack power by recruiting them. HI are so slow (any rought terrain will pine them down) that are easy prey at night for footpads, so loy player will be almost unable to retrat them at bad tod if really want use them in offense.

In such situation knalgan player should have patience when attacking, and deal first with other loy units until have a great unit number adventage.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
iceiceice

Re: How do you guys deal with heavy infantrymen as knalgans?

Post by iceiceice »

I'm not an expert, but in my experience footies are key for this. They can whittle down the HI significantly with ranged impact, and do okay even on the flat where the dwarves are weak. The melee impact damage makes it dubious for HI to engage when it's not a good time of day for them. Dwarf fighter is also okay with their hammers but not great in my experience, esp. if there are fearless HI you may not have any time of day where the dwarf fighter is doing more damage.