Help with Legend Of Wesmere.

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Galadriel

Help with Legend Of Wesmere.

Post by Galadriel »

Hi, I've been playing Wesnoth for 2 months and I started the Legend Of Wesmere campaign.

I got stuck in the scenario called Elves' Last Stand.

I can't figure out an strategy to win.

I have the following veterans:

1 Elvish Sharpshooter
2 Elvish Marksman (Landar is one of those marksmen)
3 Elvish Hero
2 Elvish Captain
1 Elvish Marshal (Kalenz)
1 Elvish Ranger
1 Elvish Shyde (Cleodil)

What shall I do?

Attack the Troll leader first?
Attack the nearest Orcish Warlord??

What do you recomend?

PD.- I do not speak english. Sorry for any mistake.
monochromatic

Re: Help with Legend Of Wesmere.

Post by monochromatic »

Here is the walkthrough for the scenario.

Essentially, Galtrid (your ally in the big keep in the middle) will be surrounded and killed if not supported early on. The best way I found (the walkthrough happens to suggest the same), is to recruit one keep of veterans and cannon-fodder units, then rushing Kalenz into the large keep. Defend against the hordes by rotating healers and units. Once your forces are ready and the enemy is sufficiently weakened, burst out and clean up.

The walkthrough suggests saving Eradion (ally in the southwest) by ordering him to the main keep on turn 1. I found he was most useful in delaying the south and southwestern orcs: I let him finish recruiting before ordering him to the keep.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

What difficulty are you playing on and how much gold do you have?

The reason I ask is because every time I've played this campaign I've come into it with more than enough gold to steamroll it so I'm curious what kind of trouble you're running into. Alternatively if you could send a replay we could give more specific advice.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Galadriel

Post by Galadriel »

Thanks for your answers. :)

I did it!! I finally finished that mission.

I used many woses to delay the troll's offensive and the violet orcish troops while Kalenz and his best elves went to defeat the Orcish Warlord in the South. Also I used one Elvish Scout to capture villages and distract some trolls.

I used Cleodil to recruit more woses because they were useful against trolls and defending the western side of the Galtrid's Castle.

With Kalenz's troops I defeated one Orcish Warlord and when Olurf arrived, his troops defeated the troll leader. Two or three turns more and I won the battle.

It's a pity, I couldn't save Uradion :( A goblin killed him only one turn before my troops arrived. (Only an elvish archer arrived at time but could not defeat that goblin.)

PD.- Again, sorry for any mistake. English is not my native language.