Legend of Wesmere - Human Alliance (Medium)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

letsdance

Legend of Wesmere - Human Alliance (Medium)

Post by letsdance »

i am playing v 1.10.6. this is the 3rd campaign i'm playing and i love it. so far it seemed a bit too easy (on medium level), but this level seems impossible. i play without saving (and i reload only to restart a scenario from the beginning if i fail), which means i don't have tons of high level units, because they sometimes die and i go on with it. i only have 1 loyal unit left, and the reinforcements are only 4 units.

even with all my forces i can't hold north (not even talking about helping the ally at the same time) and when running to middle i can't hold the castle. from what i've read, there is little hope to win this scenario with what i have (given that people with much better unit pools are struggling). is there any way to skip the scenario or change difficulty? since so far it was rather easy than challenging, i don't really want to play the whole thing on easy level :hmm:

thx,
dance!
rmj

Re: Legend of Wesmere - Human Alliance (Medium)

Post by rmj »

is there any way to skip the scenario or change difficulty?
There is a button on the load game screen which is supposed to accomplish this, but I couldn't figure out how it worked. ( And perhaps it is unavailable on your version.)

This campaign is difficult. This scenario is especially so, but the earlier scenarios are also a challenge because your best units can be killed off. Better strategy can reduce such losses. You should have more than four units of reinforcements, as well as a good number of level 3 units to recruit. It sounds like you have to start over.
rmj
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

here you find a modified version of the scenario. It's easier but still challenging.
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
letsdance

Post by letsdance »

thx! i actually didn't realize i could edit the scenario myself =) will try that version.
vanatteveldt

Post by vanatteveldt »

I just completed this scenario on medium, with 400 gold but a pretty long list of L2/L3 elves to recall and most of the loyals alive. I agree with the poster above that good strategy in campaigns hinges on good experience and unit management, which sometimes means recruiting fodder to absorb damage so the important units can be left behind (either in the recall list or in the second line).

That said, the way I beat the scenario was by a hybrid of keep the north and run to the middle. I recruited only elves (mainly shaman and archer lines), moved half to the east to kill the troll and half to the west. After killing most of the troll forces a couple units stayed east to finish the leader, and after that went south to help the ally (which wasn't really needed actually) and the remainder joined the main army out west. A couple turns after the reinforcements arrived I realized that holding the forest was a lost cause, so I retreated to the keep. This was really painful as I had to sacrifice all my loyals to get my heroes out of the forest alive - in retrospect I should have started the retreat as soon as the reinforcements arrived. I arrived in the keep in turn 15 or 16, and held it without any problem.