Advice or Comments TRoW second scenario

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elfor

Advice or Comments TRoW second scenario

Post by Elfor »

i just started a campaign on hard for the first time, i really like The rise of wesnoth so i tried it, got past the first scenario but now im somewhat stuck on the second scenario.
I cant beat the outlaws quickly enough without huge casualties, i guess i should have gotten 2 white mages in the first scenario.

Heres the replay for the first scenario
Attachments
EDdW-Un_verano_tormento..._repetición.gz
Replay First scenario TRoW
(19.1 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Re: Advice or Comments TRoW second scenario

Post by Astoria »

Elfor wrote:i just started a campaign on hard for the first time, i really like The rise of wesnoth so i tried it, got past the first scenario but now im somewhat stuck on the second scenario.
I cant beat the outlaws quickly enough without huge casualties, i guess i should have gotten 2 white mages in the first scenario.

Heres the replay for the first scenario
The replay seems to be corrupt for me...
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Elfor

Post by Elfor »

How does a save get corrupted?
line

Post by line »

I was able to run your replay without problems. You maxed out the possible xp to gain and finished as late as possible. (Therefore and because you didn’t claim the villages in the west right from the beginning you did not get as much gold as possible – but choosing assassination in the following scenario this does not need to cause you problems.) Overall, there is nothing wrong with how you played the first scenario.

Considering your trouble with the second scenario:
- There is no need to have two white mages to complete The Fall.
- Your roster is definitely suited to pass The Fall.
- You did not tell us about the strategy which you used in the second scenario. Especially in The Fall it’s not that obvious and straightforward. You should check the feedback thread http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=10607
Elfor

Post by Elfor »

Thanks for the reply, my mistake was trying to hold the centre of the map like i did on medium and got slaughtered, i finally beat it recruiting a castle of spearman as sacrificial lambs for the green orcs and holding my ground against the outlaws until their numbers thin and moved in for the kill.
I end up with somewhat low gold (195) but i got 6 lvl 2s so i guess i should be able to pull it off.
Ill post again if i get stuck, thanks for the reply again