New unit or near level unit?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mateica_anarilea

New unit or near level unit?

Post by Mateica_anarilea »

I just started playing httt again today on medium. My strategy was to sent delfador, konrad and a healer across the bridge to the hills and enter battle by turn 4/5. I sent the rest of the team ( a fighter, 2 archer and 2 healer) down toward the normally ignored orc. By the end of the day, while i did lose an archer the rest of the team had white xp bar, with konrad level 2. My question is, should i level up this unit on the next scenario or should i train more units and drop these near level units either at alduin or bay of pearls? Cuz, level up gave full heal right?
TheScribe

Re: New unit or near level unit?

Post by TheScribe »

Level up does give full heal. Generally it's reccomended to level units in later scenarios:
Paraphrased Tip of the Day wrote:It's better to start the scenario with almost leveled units than leveled units.
I don't really have a personal opinion on this yet.

P.S. What scenario are you talking about?
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Mateica_anarilea

Thank you, the scenario i was mentioned here was httt the elves besieged, and the orc mentioned was the south one.
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

An interesting strategy for that level, but I can see why it would work due to the brown elves sending almost all their units north and stealing your kills most of the time.

On the whole I try to level units, but it is generally better to save levelling for later scenarios except for needed abilities like cures/heals +8, leadership, marksman and those kind of things. Although even marksman you can easily wait a bit for.
Mateica_anarilea

My planned was to get several level 2 units on the 1st and 2nd scene than train 2 archmage and a mage of light on the later scenes for elensefar
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Unless I already have a healthy flow of level 2/3 units, I'd recall that level 1 unit so that he can get a move on on his way to level 3. My 2 cents!
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

Mateica_anarilea wrote:My planned was to get several level 2 units on the 1st and 2nd scene than train 2 archmage and a mage of light on the later scenes for elensefar
I'd say a druid is probably better than an MOL although it isn't so good against undead. However you can probably get a few kills against the orcs to get closer to levelling it to shyde which is very useful due to flying.
Mateica_anarilea

I aimed for MOL for illuminates. But if i really get 2 archmage i probably dont need it. Its only my 2nd attempt at elensefar and 1st on normal difficulty so i dunno what awaits me
Mateica_anarilea

Forgot to say, in black water port i already got a couple of druid, a marksman and a captain. + a loyal knight and konrad level 2. Any suggestion on what to level next?
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

A mage or another shaman. You want more magical firepower ASAP. Since you will be going underground later, your goal should be a couple sylphs, quick great magi, or silver magi before you get to that point. Other magic users will be too slow to be helpful.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Mateica_anarilea

Alright then, thank you everyone