Lat stand of the elves (LoW)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ustafak

Lat stand of the elves (LoW)

Post by Ustafak »

Do you have any tips how to win this scenario? I have aproximatly 1 k gold and 12-15 experienced units, but i dont know how to defeat trolls and defend allies
monochromatic

Re: Lat stand of the elves (LoW)

Post by monochromatic »

Depends on difficulty. Usually I send most of my experienced units south into the castle along with Kalenz. Form a good defensive line with the trolls until swarms of orcs arrive to reinforce the trolls. Then break out and take out the leader. I usually order the green leader to move to the castle after he's done recruiting. If he's lucky, he'll make it, but chances are he won't. If you're willing, you might send a couple fast units to guard him.

So overall battle plan: Stay defensive when taking the brunt of the waves of orcs/trolls which is the beginning. There should be two major defensive lines: in the north against the trolls and the south end of the castle. Meanwhile Green's forces will suicide against the orcs, delaying and weakening them slightly. Recruit some reinforcements at the castle and break through the trolls. Continue pushing to the western orc leader and simultaneously push into the orange forces. Don't be afraid to use your money since you lose it anyways in the next scenario.
Ustafak

Post by Ustafak »

thanks for tip...and one more question...how many experienced units can i loose?
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Try to keep as many as you can. The later levels in LoW can be a pain.