Banking=evil?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

powershot

Re: Banking=evil?

Post by powershot »

Ok, I love banking

1.My dad usually distracts units while I build my Vulcan Super strategy ]

2.Then I blast them out with my high damage low-health Vulcans

It's that simple. :D
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Colouredbox

Post by Colouredbox »

powershot wrote:Ok, I love banking

Go dad!

I don't think banking is evil, just a thing in the game.
Waiting for cheesedwarfs to be added to ageless.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Colouredbox wrote:
I don't think banking is evil, just a thing in the game.
Yup, A good thing too.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
13arrage

Post by 13arrage »

You realize that didn't actually make sense, right?
powershot

Post by powershot »

13arrage wrote:

In what way?
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

powershot wrote:
13arrage wrote:

In what way?
How does a Dad stop enemy units? And most people don't know about your Vulcan mages
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Wow. This is funny. But yeah it didn't make any sense seeing as how close to none of us actually use Vulcans :?. But anyways banking is not evil. Its great when your the undead and you recruit nothing but corpses to use as cannon-fodder, so you lose no income and get to gain lots of MOOLAH.
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

I know, I've won a couple of games by massing WC. My record was nearly 3 rows across hamlets.
CHKDSK has repaired bad sectors in CHKDSK.EXE
ayearhasgone

Post by ayearhasgone »

Banking is not evil. Any opponent who complains about it is probably just not competent enough to use a counter-strategy. It's not fun to play against, like countering bats who swarm the map and snatch villages, but it's vaild.
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

ayearhasgone wrote:Banking is not evil. Any opponent who complains about it is probably just not competent enough to use a counter-strategy. It's not fun to play against, like countering bats who swarm the map and snatch villages, but it's vaild.
One could argue that "not fun to play against" qualifies it as evil :lol2:
CheeseLord

Post by CheeseLord »

Caphriel wrote:One could argue that "not fun to play against" qualifies it as evil :lol2:
It's not fun to lose!! :augh: Arrgh - people should just lie down and let me win :roll:
Lord of Cheese.....especially Parmesan!!!
None shall stand against the Dwarfs in their homeland

Top 3 quotes by a developer:

1. Locked
2. Do it yourself
3. "No"
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

You're completely missing the point. Banking tends to draw out a game in a tedious manner. Winning against a player who was banking does not change the fact that a dozen turns of banking with minimal activity is boring. :roll:
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Nobody ever said it had to be extremely exciting. It's a full-fledged strategy. Banking is a strategy some people prefer. There's nothing wrong with it.
CheeseLord

Post by CheeseLord »

Caphriel wrote:You're completely missing the point. Banking tends to draw out a game in a tedious manner. Winning against a player who was banking does not change the fact that a dozen turns of banking with minimal activity is boring. :roll:
I guess it's the job of the other player to march onto the offense and prevent banking from happening before both sides reach some sort of critical mass. Surely even as dwarves it's amazingly hard to fend off an assault with 2 or three less units during the first one or two day/night cycles (as already stated in the thread)??

An interesting question for me would be whether any top ladder players use banking as a strategy, and if so, see how they would pull it off. Anybody any ideas to the answer to that?? :D
Lord of Cheese.....especially Parmesan!!!
None shall stand against the Dwarfs in their homeland

Top 3 quotes by a developer:

1. Locked
2. Do it yourself
3. "No"
pinkdwarf

Post by pinkdwarf »

Seems like you guys are forgetting something: if you are not recruiting, you can have your higher level leader in the front lines, helping you with defense. Of course that won't work so well in a map with a very wide front line for the amount of villages, or with multiple fronts far apart. But in some of the more easily defendable ones, like Hamlets, a Drake or Dwarf leader close to the front line can make up for some difference in value of units in the field. Then again that style of play requires great care as well, because if you stay too long, the enemies might be able to completely corner you when you retreat back to a keep, and might even be able to stop you from recruiting. The further away you are from the keep, the longer it takes for your banked gold to get to the field.

EDIT -- to answer the question: no, it's not evil, unless the banker is undead or an aspiring necromancer, I guess. If your opponent is banking with 0 upkeep, you can get just 1-4 more units than him on the field and pressure him heavily, while still banking some decent amounts of gold. If you use the additional units well and pressure him well, he won't be able to see what is going on on your side of the map. Thus he won't know you have stopped banking until the bought units are on his doorstep, and then he might be in a lot of trouble, even if he recruits as fast as possible.