Struggling at the pleasant Isle of Anduin

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

elseth

Struggling at the pleasant Isle of Anduin

Post by elseth »

Can't seem to keep my units alive all my guys die. They can blitz the first wave of enemies no problem but when the later groups come I get crushed. What is the key to keeping your units alive? I try to attack quickly with a group of Horsemen and also claim quick villages with them to the West, while pretty much hanging out in the forest to the south of my keep with elves and sending elves west eventually as well.
Are elves worth using if they must leave the forest?
miyo

Post by miyo »

What version are you playing?
What difficulty are you playing?

- Miyo
lala

Post by lala »

My strategy on normal:
recruit as many as possible fighters and cross the water with them and delfador. Put Delfador in a village at the smallest section between the hills and the sea. Fighters grouped in the hills and one or two helping delfador. This prevents the enemy of taking the many villages in the north west, leaving those for you. Make use of the healing power of those villages!

What you should try, is to get a captain in the earlier adventures, increasing the power of your fighters.

Meanwhile keep an eye on the the other 'route', where you can expect some riders. attack them in the woods and sent after that a more diverse army south.

Good luck!
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

The Isle of Anduin has been made easier in CVS than it is in 0.5.1.

But...my strategy on Anduin is generally to try to capture as many of the western villages as possible as quickly as possible, and then hold off the advancing hordes as best you can, while holding onto an advantage in villages.

I usually send Delfador and horsemen west, and some elves south. Elves are still cost-competitive out of forest.

David
methinks

Post by methinks »

I don't know where the problem is this level seemed easy for me. And on easy mode it was piece of cake.
Thranduil

Post by Thranduil »

Note: I play 7 al medium level.
The only way I had to beat Anduin was to restart from scratch, build two 2-level archers and send them south wirh delfador, a druid and a couple new archers in close formation.
A scout hurried west to get the maximum number of villages.
It worked at first try, in just 17 turns!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

i think that it is best to send some elvish archers south and delfador and some horsemen east. the horsemen have a path across the river in two turns, and quick ones can get to the village. the horsemen manage to get many, many, kills, hopefully some advance, and the enemies forces are distracted by the elvish people. this is a very effective strategy, giving me a total of 5 advanced units by the end of the scenario.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm