Invasion from the Unknown: two questions

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

spod

Invasion from the Unknown: two questions

Post by spod »

Hi, I've looked for this topic elsewhere, but I can't find the answers I'm looking for.
I'm playing Invasion from the Unknown on my iPhone, and in the scenario, Under the Sands, there seems to be a hidden area in the extreme southeast.
Can anyone tell me how to unlock this area, and what's in there? (I completed the scenario, but I'm curious as to whether it's worth replaying.)
Also, in the following scenario, The Heart, there's some dialogue that suggests there would be fewer enemies to defeat if you had spent less time fighting in Under the Sands. Is that true? If you don't enter the nest in Under the Sands, is The Heart a lot easier?

Any help will be gratefully received.

(I'm really loving this campaign).
norbert

Re: Invasion from the Unknown: two questions

Post by norbert »

spod wrote:Invasion from the Unknown [...], and in the scenario, Under the Sands, there seems to be a hidden area in the extreme southeast.
As far as I can tell, there's nothing behind that gate in the southeast.
shadowmaster probably has the exact answers to both of your questions.
Attachments
Under the Sands, behind the gate
Under the Sands, behind the gate
Under_the_Sands_behind_gate.png (114.36 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
spod

Post by spod »

I hope so. I spent about 30 rounds trying to find a way in.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

spod wrote:Hi, I've looked for this topic elsewhere, but I can't find the answers I'm looking for.
I'm playing Invasion from the Unknown on my iPhone, and in the scenario, Under the Sands, there seems to be a hidden area in the extreme southeast.
Can anyone tell me how to unlock this area, and what's in there?
As norbert said, there's nothing in there. I might have planned to add something at some point but I guess I didn't.

Regarding the Heart, the character's line is more or less general and not directly related to what the player might have done in the earlier scenario. He already mentions that in Under the Sands after you have killed more than 9 enemy units regardless of location or turn.

However, there seems to be code in place to weaken the enemies in The Heart depending on how many matrices were destroyed in the previous scenario. Apparently, the less destroyed matrices, the less numerous the defense forces are. I'm not really sure about this part since I cannot understand my own code after all this time. :hmm: This might also not apply to the iPhone version since it's based on one of the last versions of the campaign for Wesnoth 1.6 and I might have changed the way these mechanics work in the 1.7.x branch of the campaign. Again, not sure.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
spod

Post by spod »

Thanks for the information. It's good to know I haven't missed anything. I'm really enjoying the campaign.
Now trying to figure out how to beat the warlord...
DimMak

Post by DimMak »

Hi, I'm also playing the "Under The Sands" chapter. I'm playing on my iphone on the easiest setting and can't find the exit. I found a yellow switch and killed the matrices boss. I've explored the area behind the boss but cannot find a way to get to the southern most portion of the map. Any help would be appreciated. Great game! thank you