Gryhpons in Mountain Pass

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kamahawk

Gryhpons in Mountain Pass

Post by Kamahawk »

Is it just me or are the Gryhpons insanely powerfull?

How are you suposed to defeat them, they shred through my troops at 2 or 3 a round! :evil:
Circon

Post by Circon »

They have no ranged.
They don't promote, but this is more detrimental to humans than AI.
Use own Gryphons.
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

1# If use ranged unit to kill the gryphons then durring thier turn more will fly down and kill my ranged units.

2# I know that they dont level, that dosent make them any less power full.

3# Gryphon riders cost a large amount of money and have less heath and half as many attacks as the gryphons.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Is this current CVS, or 0.5.1?

In current CVS, Mountain Pass has changed alot, although in some ways the gryphons are even more powerful. But I do agree, in 0.5.1 Mountain Pass was too hard.

David
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Um, older CVS. 0.5.1 with all the fixes for mac OS X.

Wait did you say you made the gryphons stonger! :shock:

:!: AHHHHH RUN :!:
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

I prefer my favorite unit: avengers, if they don't kill the griffins with ranged attack they still have a big chance of not being killed during the griffins turn (and they make quite good meleedamage to)

and you can of course use the dwarves as cover as you have no reason keeping them alive ;)
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Thats what I thought about the wite mages in the valley of death but it turns out that you can keep them if you kill the bosses.
benj

Post by benj »

Use dwarves to protect your units as you will not keep them. The tomahaw of the lvl 3 dwarf is very powerful !

I use a lot of avengers as their ranged weapons are powerful enough to wound griffons badly. If griffons are still alive on next turn, they will have either to flee, or to fight and die as avengers have good short range weapons. If you feel lucky, charge them with your palladins, you can kill them easily if you are lucky enough :wink:

As one griffon is not enough to kill a veteran unit, make sure two griffons are not able to attack your unit at a time. Did I say use dwarves as a cover ? :wink: