Overpowered Faction. Requires reduction.

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dixie

Re: Overpowered Faction. Requires reduction.

Post by Dixie »

Rya wrote:I think the lava is usually supposed to be used together with the map ability "ignore daytime" which also changes the "day" icon when hovering over it and shows a cave instead. I think then the daytime will always be considered as neutral, so that there is no stacking.
Although I might have expressed myself less clearly, that's what I meant a few posts ago, but Velensk seemed to say it wasn't the case. Maybe it depends on how the map is built, and it isn't "absolutely" the case?
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
Yoyobuae

Post by Yoyobuae »

Just look at the screenshot posted by Rigor.

He has his cursor over the lava hex the drake fighter is. The daytime is shown as morning/afternoon with the iluminates effect on top. Normally when maps are designed with fixed daytime areas, the correct daytime for those hexes is shown when cursor is placed on top of one of them.

Then there is the damage. Elvish ranger has 0% resistance modifier against blade, the strong drake fighter does 8-3 damage as base, but the damage on screenshot is 12-3. There is no leadership (assuming unmodified default era), so if only morning/afternoon 25% bonus were applied the damage should be 10-3. The only explanation for 12-3 damage is that 25% bonus from lava is stacking with 25% lawful day bonus.
Rya

Post by Rya »

Unfortunately "ignore daytime" isn't the default for lava / illuminate tiles. I wish the default was like that though. :p
Wesnoth
The developer says "no".