Descent into darkness

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Leuteinant

Descent into darkness

Post by Leuteinant »

You know that level in D into D where you have to take that book from Darken Volk? Well, I can't Take that book. I have too few and too low experienced troops. How you won this Scenario??
silent

Re: Descent into darkness

Post by silent »

Leuteinant wrote:You know that level in D into D where you have to take that book from Darken Volk? Well, I can't Take that book. I have too few and too low experienced troops. How you won this Scenario??
you pretty much answered your own question right there in bold

a recall list would help to give some indication. It may be possible depending on that, as there is a fairly simple strategy (though complex/difficult to pull off) to win this scenario.
Leuteinant

Post by Leuteinant »

I have 2 different lvl. 3 ghosts and 231 gold.
silent

Post by silent »

Leuteinant wrote:I have 2 different lvl. 3 ghosts and 231 gold.
you need to go back and redo the scenarios in a small favour, since I suspect that is where you lost your leveled troops.

The only other alternative I can think of is this (note: have not tried this, obviously)

step 1: first turn, recruit all bats
step 2: second turn, have bats fly south to collect villages, then east, meanwhile, since one of your ghosts will be auto recalled with you, recall the other one, and proceed to recruit ghouls/skeleton archers
step 3: until turn 5, have one bat fly within range of darken volk's units while the rest keep moving east. Proceed to move your units slowly SE, but keep out of darken volk's range
step 4: continue this until turn 5 when sir cadaeus shows up. By now, most of darken volk's forces should be within range of sir cadaeus instead, and the two of them will fight it out. Continue moving your units slowly towards the fray, but stay out of either opponent's troops if possible
step 5: wait until about turn 7/8 when there will appear to be a clear victor (hopefully sir cadaeus by only a fraction), step in and kill remaining troops, and take book
step 6: run that unit like crazy back to starting keep and give the book to malin before dela shows up to kill any of your forces that remain.
Leuteinant

Post by Leuteinant »

I'll try. Thanks :D
fareley

Post by fareley »

you should have at least 1-2 nightstalking units and or/bats
use them to claim villages that are near you soon, darken volk won't send much your way if you do so (especially since he tends to send 1 troop for each uncaptured village, if you have units standing on your village chances are low that there will come much. Especially with nightstalk ability)
then wait for the paladins to battle with darken
when i did so only 2 enemy units remained (the leader killed each other too)
and i played it on hard, so you CAN make it with only 2-3 lowlevel units
just make sure there isn't coming that much your way
Leuteinant

Post by Leuteinant »

Thanks. I made it. :D :D