Muff Malal's Peninsula/Isle of the Damned

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ryn

Muff Malal's Peninsula/Isle of the Damned

Post by ryn »

Apparently, I can't finish either of these (on 0.8.2, Medium). I come into Muff's with two elven riders, a captain, and a knight. Any tips/strategies appreciated - I have been stuck here for quite some time. I normally (on muff malal's peninsula) send a pair of forces to the west and south. I totally fail IotD in which I generally spread my forces and search for the white mage. (it seems random)
2B |! 2B = 3F
pip8184

Post by pip8184 »

moremirmu is in one of the 3 temples, random yeah
having those troops are pretty crap, you need more captains/heroes/marksman/rangers/druids, the scouts can wait. Apparently, before going to IotD I already have 2 druids, 1 captain, 1 hero, 2 knights, 1 red mage and my konrad is lvl 2.
You really need Konrad to be at least lvl 2, otherwise it's gonna be real hard.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

pip8184 wrote:moremirmu is in one of the 3 temples, random yeah
More particularly, he's in one of the two closer to you, and the other of the two contains a Revenant and some Walking Corpses.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Gimli

Post by Gimli »

Your troops ar too weak. I've beaten the level easily with a Captain, a Ranger, a Druid, two Knights (one of which close to level up to undead-squishing-Paladin), one White Mage (really useful) and a couple of level 1 experienced units from BotP.
Just recruit some more Mages then go south, wait for dawn and kill 'em all. Beware of Dark Adepts though, their ranged attack is really strong. This level is very easy: stock up on gold and XP for the next one, you'll need it!
Your scouts ar good to lure those stupid bats to attack them, giving your main army some breath.
Bye
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Gimli wrote:Your troops ar too weak. I've beaten the level easily with a Captain, a Ranger, a Druid, two Knights (one of which close to level up to undead-squishing-Paladin), one White Mage (really useful) and a couple of level 1 experienced units from BotP.
I beat this level easily with two Rangers, a Captain, and a bunch of fighters, archers, and shamans. It's easy enough even without leveled units. (in normal)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Mortsubite

A Balanced Question...

Post by Mortsubite »

Which scenario helps you the most?

Muff is great for taking level 1 fighters, mages, and horsemen up to level 2; and I've taken a few level 2's to 3. You get lots of gold (you will need it) and you season your elves.

Damned is more fun to me. While I don't get the chance to level up my fighters, mages, and horses; I do come away with a TON of gold (you add your winnings to you BoP total), Urlaf, a bunch of Thugs going up to Bandit (great against trolls and undead), Poachers going up to Trapper (great if you want ranged weapons in the mines where the elves can't move very well), a kick-ass white mage that joins your mission, and Konrad goes to level 3.

So what works better- post up and let's see what people think!
"Imagine waking up in the morning and realizing that's as good as you're going to feel all day" - Dean Martin on sobriety.
furibund

Post by furibund »

U can make IOtD with a lot of footpads
recruit 2 waves, put 1 or 2 mermen to the north
and keep your mage friend secure
target: northern castle
Gimli

Post by Gimli »

I prefer the Peninsula. It is much simpler and gives you the chance to get lots of gold and XP. You can beat Valley of Death even without the white mage reinforcements.