help in bad moon rising

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wesfreak

help in bad moon rising

Post by wesfreak »

i cant beat bad moon rising (part 3 scenerio 4, ukia). the objectives say to raise money to bribe Aldack Gareth. it also says to go check out some combat in the south.

the problem is that Aldack was killed in scenerio 3, and the game didn't end. there was no way he could survive : he was hopelessly outmatched and i was taking care of the other orc leader. because of this i only saw lorenzons side of the conversation, and don't really know what's happening.

to the dev's: i know i should post in an existing thread, but i searched and could only find bad moon rising threads in campaign development.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: help in bad moon rising

Post by doofus-01 »

You should be able to pull some pressure off of the allied orc with dog spam. It's not a difficult scenario as long as you don't get distracted by the wolf riders. Also, don't sit in the keep at the bottom for many turns.

As for where to go, head to x,y=60,48

I'll fix the issue of the game not ending when the orc dies.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

sorry to be a thread necro, but this is better than topic spam. i'm now at part three, escape from the legion. i managed to get to the very end of the western tunnel with both belleros and craghanna (1,6 ish where the phantom queens keep was) and the scenerio didn't end. what's wrong?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I hadn't anticipated the player beating the ghosts, I certainly wasn't in any shape to try that when I tested it. It will be fixed. Head toward the hole/chasm hex in the passage between the ghosts and the western orc, that should trigger some dialogues.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

i don't think i could have beaten them: i used debug (but only to keep nemesis from destroying me)

thanks for the tip.

maybe you could make it more obvious? when i'm hopelessly outnumbered and surrounded, i don't think "oh, i'll head for the out of the way hole that will waste 4 turns if it's not a way out" maybe a pathway towards it?
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

The scenario called the heavens gate where you ally with teora banner is glitched: The dialogue of him seeing the arrow came and then I died and it said defeat, even though the ukians made it to the top.

Also, in the previous scenario, the primeval are immune to the cold.

And in the next scenario (I used choose level to get to it) side 2 should not has a recall list, making it impossible to load a game.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

wesfreak wrote:The scenario called the heavens gate where you ally with teora banner is glitched: The dialogue of him seeing the arrow came and then I died and it said defeat, even though the ukians made it to the top.
Odd. I'll have a look at it.
wesfreak wrote:Also, in the previous scenario, the primeval are immune to the cold.
That is intentional (unless you meant the humans).
wesfreak wrote:And in the next scenario (I used choose level to get to it) side 2 should not has a recall list, making it impossible to load a game.
It used to work. Maybe there is a bug, but ":cl" can also break things.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Kitsuma

Post by Kitsuma »

Hi,

I've finished the BMR3 Heaven's Gate (moving Belleros at the top of the map), but, unfortunnaly, the computer "freeze".

i'm using an iMac (10.4) and the 1.9 version of wesnoth

Help will be greatfull =D

Yome.Kitsuma
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

It looks like I used the bugged PUT_TO_RECALL_LIST macro there too, I would have changed that if I'd remembered... If you can edit your installation's core files, you can do what zookeeper says here:http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?p=452441#p452441 I don't think that will fix your save-game, unfortunately... When this happened in the first scenario, the computer did eventually unfreeze, so it is possible that you could get past this by just waiting. For how long though, I do not know.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
sandmanvt

Post by sandmanvt »

I had the same problem on Heavens Gate with the 1.9.0 version, no trigger to move to the next map.

Then, on the volcano level after Carghanna leaves, it says "These are not toys for thieves!" And I'm defeated. What's the deal with that?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

sandmanvt wrote:Then, on the volcano level after Carghanna leaves, it says "These are not toys for thieves!" And I'm defeated. What's the deal with that?
You probably attacked her with the sword. It's a scenario flaw, I'll fix it when I can. Just don't use the sword on anyone but Ares (and maybe the Chimera, don't remember), and things should work.
-------------------

I know it isn't always clear where to post something in an internet forum, but BMR already has too many threads and I'm having trouble keeping track of things. BMR isn't going mainline, so it doesn't belong here. Could someone lock this? Thanks.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Hello future poster. Before you try bumping it, please note that this thread is locked at the request of the project's owner. He would like all discussion, bug reports, suggestions, and such to go in the project's official thread here.