Abilities Explained Incorrectly

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Litch

Abilities Explained Incorrectly

Post by Litch »

N.B. I haven't bothered to dig into the code so I don't know the details on any of these, please correct as needed.

I can't find a concise explanation of all the abilities so here's my attempt.

Teleport: Can teleport to any position on the map
Skirmisher: ??? Can move after attack?
Leadership: +1 damage to all friendly untils attacking next to leader.
Ambush: ? First attack does double damage
Cures: Heals up to 8 damage to friendly units next to it
Heals: Heals up to 4 damage to friendly units next to it
Illuminates: ?? Makes area around unit act like in sunlight?
Regenerates: Unit heals 4 damage each turn
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Re: Abilities Explained Incorrectly

Post by fmunoz »

Litch wrote:Teleport: Can teleport to any position on the map
Skirmisher: ??? Can move after attack?
Leadership: +1 damage to all friendly untils attacking next to leader.
Ambush: ? First attack does double damage
Illuminates: ?? Makes area around unit act like in sunlight?
Regenerates: Unit heals 4 damage each turn
Teleport: teleport between friendly villages.
Skirmisher: Don't have to stop if she moves next to enemy units.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Any unit which has an ability should have their ability described in the 'unit description' (right click on the unit and click 'describe unit'). Please point out any units which you don't think have abilities described correctly.

Here is a corrected list of abilities, with changes in bold:

Teleport: Can teleport between friendly villages. That is, if they are on a friendly village, they can immediately move to any other friendly village. When you click on them to move them, any location they can move to will be lit up, with teleport taken into account
Skirmisher: unit ignores enemy zones of control. That is, can move right past enemies without stopping
Leadership: +12.5% (rounded up) damage to all friendly untils attacking next to leader.
Ambush: Unit is invisible in forest. (invisibility represented by unit being halfway faded out)
Illuminates: Makes area around unit act like in sunlight
Regenerates: Unit heals 8 damage each turn
Sofronius

Post by Sofronius »

Dave wrote: Any unit which has an ability should have their ability described in the 'unit description' (right click on the unit and click 'describe unit').
Ohh
I must review my translation (to Czech languege - not complete and not posted yet). :roll:
I am not sure if I translated all descriptions in such way that connection between proposed skills and game engine is obvious enough.

Since now I haven't realized that unit description should be the only source of information about abilities :oops:. I will post a notice about this to the translations forum, so other translators are aware of this as well.
Litch

Post by Litch »

Dave wrote:Any unit which has an ability should have their ability described in the 'unit description' (right click on the unit and click 'describe unit'). Please point out any units which you don't think have abilities described correctly.
The descriptions seem kind of vague:
Skilled in commanding soldiers, the captain provides a bonus to all level 1 units on adjacent hexes.
What kind of bonus and how much of one aren't clear.

Further in terms of game play, until you get a unit you can't know what it does, so it makes deciding whether to create the unit problematic.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Litch wrote:Further in terms of game play, until you get a unit you can't know what it does, so it makes deciding whether to create the unit problematic.
This is partly intentional, to create a sense of mystery and 'discovery' around all the possible units, and what they all do.
BrassJ

Post by BrassJ »

Dave wrote: Leadership: +12.5% (rounded up) damage to all friendly untils attacking next to leader.
Is is all friendly units? or all friendly units that are lower level?
Is it cumalitive? Can I have 2 leadership next to another unit, and the other unit gets a 25% bonus?
-BrassJ
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

BrassJ wrote:Is is all friendly units? or all friendly units that are lower level?
Is it cumalitive? Can I have 2 leadership next to another unit, and the other unit gets a 25% bonus?
Only lower level units, and it's not cumulative.

David