The pursuit - Northen Rebirth

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cool evil

The pursuit - Northen Rebirth

Post by cool evil »

This has got to be the longest scenario i have ever played in wesnoth, took me more than 3 hours up until now and i'm not even finished yet (on turn 80 something). I've freed the prisoners, stormed the lich's study, went through the secret tunnel and looted all of the treasury, the only place i haven't been to is the great chamber. I know there is spiders in there since i checked WML codes on the scenario, but i haven't been able to figure out if the lich is in there after he escaped. Please help me find him, he is apparently not visible on the map and i don't want to waste another two or three hours doing a carpet search.
Have no fear, Vlad is here!
cobra

Re: The pursuit - Northen Rebirth

Post by cobra »

I am having the same problem. I can not find the lich.
Thank you President Bush
Ask not what wesnoth can do for you, but what you can do for wesnoth.-cobra
michchar

Post by michchar »

You should go to the chambers anyways, there's a...pleasant bonus there.
You could check out the walkthroughs, and if nothing works, you can just debug n to skip it (not recommended, this can cause problems)
docrock

Post by docrock »

this is one massive assault scenario (as you already noticed). check out all the tunnels (hint). there a two ways to the liches hide (both are more or less hidden, if i remember correctly). spread out units in teams. explore everything. move to every lightened hex. and especially read the dialogue in the beginning.
general tactics: cycle as much as you can and level up. without a full standing lvl3 army you won't have a chance.
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
Almindor

Post by Almindor »

I've recently completed this one (after a cumulative 4+ hours I think) and yeah here's some points:
1. You need lvl3 units and lots of them, so if you botched the previous (very easy) missions you're probably screwed
2. Obviously use the healer
3. You'll need to "dig in" using the defences provided at specific choke points and kill off their huge armies one by one

As for the search, there are some "secret" tunnels in there. Also, mind those ghosts (the invisible ones, forgot name).