Do Soulless have a a use?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revolushn

Do Soulless have a a use?

Post by revolushn »

I've just begun Descent Into Darkness, and it's my first time playing any amount of time with undead. Can someone tell me if it is ever a good idea to recall Soulless (L2 Walking Corpse) when I can recruit three Walking Corpse for roughly the same price? They don't seem to be able to advance a further level (according to the description screen) Perhaps there is a good use for them that I am not aware of? And if not, why have them advance at all - I cant see how they are much better than walking dead - but feel very free to correct me if I am wrong.

BTW: to the developer - Loving the campaign so far :)

EDIT: Just thought I would clarify that Souless are actually L1 Walking Corpses as Walking corpse are 0
Last edited by revolushn on May 9th, 2008, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
PingPangQui

Re: Do Soulless have a a use?

Post by PingPangQui »

Higher HP, more damage, more strikes ?
The Clan Antagonist.

"Larry the Cow was a bit frustrated at the current state of Linux distributions (...) until he tried Gentoo Linux" - Free Software for free people.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Not worth it to recall them. The entire unit is really only useful in multiplayer - they suck in SP because they're never worth recalling.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
nataS

Post by nataS »

Recalling them is a bad idea. The good thing about a walking corpse is that they are cheap, cost no upkeep, and have plague weapon special. Recalling a soulless would cost you 20 gold, while it is worth only 11 gold. Level one is as high as it can go, so you can use that money and the experience for better units. For only 15 gold you can get yourself a skeleton with great resistance to pierce, blade and gold. Better movement, higher hp, and the ability to go as high as lvl 3.
revolushn

Post by revolushn »

yeah, thats what I thought. But i did think I would ask as maybe there was some trick to using them. Just got through the caves in DiD and was quite glad that i had a few corpses in there, but yeah, don't think I will be recalling any of them. it really became a toss up between using them to kill - they turn the dead opponent and also level up really quickly or to use one of my other guys that the experience would actually come in handy. As I couldnt recall anyone in the cave a used my walking corpses and it seemed to work alright. But all that exp wasted :(

I guess i kinda answered my own question... But im not used to undead and still getting the hang of it.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Yes it does have a use in multiplayer. 7-3 impact is nothing to be ashamed of.
wy29

Post by wy29 »

csarmi wrote:Yes it does have a use in multiplayer. 7-3 impact is nothing to be ashamed of.
Yeah, not to mention the gain of ZoC. That's crucial for defence.
TromboneStar
HP 42
7-3 Melee Trombone
4-4 Ranged Star
fareley

Post by fareley »

if you need some cheap corpses for your defense in DiD, just use the level 3-melee-attack from Darken - it has the undead plague ability too. Recruiting them - well, they don't have any Zoc, they are too slow to get fast enough to the place needed - so if you need some use your stick ;-) sometime they can be VERY useful for defense because they have only a few hitpoints so the enemy will first try to wipe them out and then focus on your better troops
Limabean

Post by Limabean »

they are useful because they're cool! If you buy one, you might be able to create an army. :twisted: