Invasion from the Unknown - stuck

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DKC921

Invasion from the Unknown - stuck

Post by DKC921 »

hello, in the campaign, Invasion to the Unknown, i'm stuck on the "The Library," the objective says for one of the leader having to "descend deeper" into the cave. all enemies are dead and i have no idea what to do. i'm stuck. anyone know where to put the leader?
Vendanna

Re: Invasion to the Unknown Bug?

Post by Vendanna »

Move one of the leaders at the bottom of the map (around the middle if I'm not mistaken) to end the scenario.

It seems that it should have a better indicator of where you should go tought, because there is a few more people asking about that level before.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
Me1234

Re: Invasion to the Unknown Bug?

Post by Me1234 »

i cant even get IitU to even run. it ways there was an error in the map. is there suppossed to be an era that i have downloaded before i can play??
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown - stuck

Post by Iris »

Me1234 wrote:i cant even get IitU to even run. it ways there was an error in the map. is there suppossed to be an era that i have downloaded before i can play??
Are you casually using a mismatched version of Wesnoth? I'm using Wesnoth 1.4. It can be possible that the terrain WML specific to this campaign didn't get parsed properly due to the usual chaos generated by Windows virus scanners or crap like that.

Details please. And next time you'd prefer to read the campaign's own thread before asking anywhere.

And kid, it is I-f-t-U, "from the", not "in to" or whatever you meant.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Me1234

Post by Me1234 »

sry if i was brief. i was using 1.3.19 and then i got 1.4 and then it worked well. but i had to redownload it :annoyed:
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Obviously. That's why I updated the campaign, because it was working for 1.3.x and not for 1.4. All users must upgrade Wesnoth and all UMC to be 1.4-compatible.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Dratsab

Post by Dratsab »

Just posting to say I started the campaign two days ago, finished it last night. Awesome campaign, a lot of special attention went into that thing, that's for sure.
Altruist

Re: Invasion from the Unknown - stuck in Elf versus Goliath

Post by Altruist »

I am stuck in "Elf versus Goliath". Attached a screenshot. Probably the solution is in th lower centre where there are still unexplored hexes but I can't find an entry/secret door to them. I've checked almost every damned hex.

While I've found the other stepping stones etc.... what must I do to finish the scenario or rather how to open the next secret passage?
Attachments
elf-vs-goliath.png
Last edited by Altruist on May 2nd, 2008, 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dratsab

Post by Dratsab »

Pretty sure that center area has a hidden touchplate, from the scenario code these seem to be the locations of all the touchplates:

Check if you hit each of those spots.
Altruist

Post by Altruist »

The missing stepping stone isn't on your list but thanks anyway, Dratsab.
I've found the stone now. I've probably missed to check one stone previously... somewhere in the centre. To keep it interesting for the next ones, I won't say more and I have also deleted the map.

Mmh, it looks like I can't delete the map nor the whole post. Sorry for that.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Altruist wrote:The missing stepping stone isn't on your list but thanks anyway, Dratsab.
I've found the stone now. I've probably missed to check one stone previously... somewhere in the centre. To keep it interesting for the next ones, I won't say more and I have also deleted the map.

Mmh, it looks like I can't delete the map nor the whole post. Sorry for that.
A moderator could do it for you. But why would you want to do that? It's nice to leave this kind of discussions intact so that people with the same issue can find out later, which is why the forums work in the way they do at the moment.