victory conditions for crossing (orc, not undead)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kakistocrat

victory conditions for crossing (orc, not undead)

Post by Kakistocrat »

I can't figure out how to win the scenario "crossing" do Owaec and Gweddry have to first touch shore at the same time, or is it necessary to do something else other than just get Owaec and Gweddry to the other side? What SPECIFICALLY needs to be done, since I should have won by now?
Lord Apolon

Post by Lord Apolon »

Kill the Lich. They can't just let you cross, oh no... you have to bloody up the dead.

Oh well. More experience for you. ;)
Kakistocrat

Post by Kakistocrat »

(orc, not undead)
this is not the crossing with the undead guy in the middle of the river. I am talking about the one where there is an orc on the other side of the river and the victory conditions read: "get Owaec and Gweddry to the other side of the river" or something like that
Lord Apolon

Post by Lord Apolon »

Oops. :oops: Sorry.

But now I have no idea which scenario you are talking about... and I just reached the end of the loyalist campaign as it goes so far. Do you mean the lake? Hm. It was probably one of the branching paths that I didn't take...
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

Lord Apolon wrote:Hm. It was probably one of the branching paths that I didn't take...
yes, there are two alternate crossings, one of which has a bug. IIRC, the bug was that loading between the two leaders' crossings wipes the variable, so you need to have them both cross without loading. I'm not sure though...
Fortify

Eastern Invasion. Crossing looks ok

Post by Fortify »

I have arrived at the crossing and undead crossing. My unit list is much more impressive this time with more knight/horsemen(holy), Dragoons, and 2 mages upgraded 1 w and 1r.

I just took a quick look at "Crossing" , Try and get Ogers to join, and turn two I 'removed' the Revenant and his bats that I believe are intended to chase me. Is this what is expected or will this make the scenario easy with no one attacking you from the rear?

I didn't actually play through yet. Due to time constraints.

Thanks,
Fortify
The shovel saves more lives than the sword.
Dacyn

Re: Eastern Invasion. Crossing looks ok

Post by Dacyn »

Fortify wrote:and turn two I 'removed' the Revenant and his bats that I believe are intended to chase me. Is this what is expected
Yes, but reinforcements come in later (turn 7, IIRC).
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Eastern Invasion. Crossing looks ok

Post by turin »

Dacyn wrote:
Fortify wrote:and turn two I 'removed' the Revenant and his bats that I believe are intended to chase me. Is this what is expected
Yes, but reinforcements come in later (turn 7, IIRC).
who you are not supposed to delete.

BTW i though i fixed the bug by 0.8.2, if not by 0.8.1. Could someone tell my why its not working? :?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm