Hi, Need Help into the deep (the south guard)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Olivier FAURE

Hi, Need Help into the deep (the south guard)

Post by Olivier FAURE »

Hi, Happy New Year to all, dev and players

I began "into the deep" scenarii with 8 people level 2/3 and no gold (no question was ask to me to earn 400 gold in fog scenarii :(

It impossible to me to finish it, undead takes me about 40 ou 50 PV at each attack, i don't have enough with 45 tours to achieve it. The queen tells in the beginning that we have to take time but 10 turns more won't be too much for me :(

what level or technique is needed for these undead ? i can't use always the clerc with the 3x22 because he's too quickly dead...

Thanks

Olivier
CarpeGuitarrem

Post by CarpeGuitarrem »

Check out the following thread:

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8296

And ask around in the Strategies and Tips forum. If you can, attach a replay of your latest try. As far as the White Mage/Mage of Light goes, you should use him against an enemy first, and then get your other units in, to protect him. In fact, controlling who the enemy can and can't attack is a crucial tactic to have, especially with units like Horsemen and Mages who can get sniped/melee attacked, respectively. Use them first, and then pile in with your other units for protection.
Glory in Blood...Needs Programming Help!

If you have time, check out my ongoing serial story...
The Hidden: Secrets of the Future's Past
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

What version of Wesnoth do you have? TSG is in a much better shape in the 1.3 branch than in 1.2.x, and this particular scenario is very different too.

I'd recommend the development releases (1.3.x) for playing campaigns. There's the occasional bug and glitch with the development branch, but many campaigns are also more polished and less buggy, and there's a lot more of them.

EDIT: Ok, based on the "the clerc with the 3x22" I suppose you actually have 1.3.x already. So, what was that about the starting gold? Do you not start the scenario with the amount of gold you earned at the end of "Choice in the Fog"? If so, then that's a bug and I can fix it.
Master Young Phoenix

Post by Master Young Phoenix »

First of all, go south-west, don't go straight ahead where the "ice is weak".

Then you'll meet a troll welp, offer the trolls gold to help you, if you offer them lands&freedom they will not help you and you'll be facing both the trolls and the undead, which will be your end. The Liche has a strong attack, so you should be a little patient. Wait untill the trolls are beginning their massed attack on the undead. I used this strategy and in fact, the trolls did it all. I only had to kill some spirits, and the trolls kept moving in the way to kill the liche, which they did. To help them out, you can use the white mage and the elven queen to heal I think.

If you are determined to kill the lich yourself, keep you're characters in a hex-to-hex triangle so that you can both heal (twice) at the start of each of your turns and attack him with two characters... however, every time I tried, Deoran got killed in the liche's turn, so use the trolls.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Master Young Phoenix wrote:First of all, go south-west, don't go straight ahead where the "ice is weak".

Then you'll meet a troll welp, offer the trolls gold to help you, if you offer them lands&freedom they will not help you and you'll be facing both the trolls and the undead, which will be your end. The Liche has a strong attack, so you should be a little patient. Wait untill the trolls are beginning their massed attack on the undead. I used this strategy and in fact, the trolls did it all. I only had to kill some spirits, and the trolls kept moving in the way to kill the liche, which they did. To help them out, you can use the white mage and the elven queen to heal I think.

If you are determined to kill the lich yourself, keep you're characters in a hex-to-hex triangle so that you can both heal (twice) at the start of each of your turns and attack him with two characters... however, every time I tried, Deoran got killed in the liche's turn, so use the trolls.
If you had read the thread a little bit, you'd know that your advice is completely irrelevant.
Jigsawn

Post by Jigsawn »

Some more issues with this mission here:

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=315