Siege of Elensefar (aka MYOB Skeletons!) Help is required!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheBladeRoden

Siege of Elensefar (aka MYOB Skeletons!) Help is required!

Post by TheBladeRoden »

Okay I've been stuck on this level for three weeks, but it seems that no amount of money I carry over can save me. Just when I think I've got the Blue guys under control, Green comes along to ruin the fun. And then I die.

So yeah, here's a save of my most successful attempt yet. I think you can run them as replays.
Attachments
The_Siege_of_Elensefar-Auto-Save17.zip
(46.35 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
Lorbi

Post by Lorbi »

what is ur version of wesnoth?
i was not able to open the file ( it first says older verison of wesnoth than crashes with unknown unit )

what difficulty do u play?
TheBladeRoden

Post by TheBladeRoden »

Woops, looks like I missed an update. The replay is 1.3.6 on medium.
TheBladeRoden

Post by TheBladeRoden »

Here's a 1.3.7 save
Attachments
The_Siege_of_Elensefar-Auto-Save18.zip
(53.33 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
multilis

include earlier version

Post by multilis »

I suggest you include a beginning of scenario save so others can play it different and compare results. Sometimes actions/results teach better than words.
TheBladeRoden

Post by TheBladeRoden »

For that you can just click menu>back to start
pauxlo

Mages

Post by pauxlo »

I didn't look at your replay (I'll do later), but a general advice for Siege of Elensefar is to recruit in the city (after defeating the orcs) mages. Lots of mages. (But don't let the skeletons masacre your mages, protect them with elves.)

I some days ago played this scenario in my play of the campaign concentrating on shamans ... (recruit only shamans, but recall loyal units which join you, as someone suggested before - on easy) ... if you have some elvish sorceresses, the skeletons are also no problem. (The orcs a bit more.)

Here is my replay (also on 1.3.7).
Attachments
Die_Belagerung_von_Elensefar_Spielverlauf.zip
Replay with mainly shamans, on easy (1.3.7).
(31.33 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
pauxlo

Corrupted replays ...

Post by pauxlo »

Hmm, I got some "save file corrupted" messages when replaying your save file. Same with my save file. Seems to be an instance of this bug:
https://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9849

So, I can't really comment on your playing.
TheBladeRoden

Post by TheBladeRoden »

I suppose I could always capture a video :P
TheBladeRoden

Re: Mages

Post by TheBladeRoden »

pauxlo wrote:I didn't look at your replay (I'll do later), but a general advice for Siege of Elensefar is to recruit in the city (after defeating the orcs) mages. Lots of mages. (But don't let the skeletons masacre your mages, protect them with elves.)

I some days ago played this scenario in my play of the campaign concentrating on shamans ... (recruit only shamans, but recall loyal units which join you, as someone suggested before - on easy) ... if you have some elvish sorceresses, the skeletons are also no problem. (The orcs a bit more.)

Here is my replay (also on 1.3.7).
Hmm your replay has like half the enemies mine does, but I shall try the all-shaman technique nontheless!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I would not recommen using all shammans I don't know what you are doing now (have not seen the replay) but the way I always did it was to send about 4 horsemen/knight/lancers to the east bridge. Bring in my lvled up netmerman and the one the the strombolt to fight from the water and delay skelotonen. While my lvl one elves with leader and healer support stay on my side of the bridge and slay the orcs who are amazingly willing to walk into the water. Then I push into the island use the theives that appear to delay the skelotons while the rest of my units finish of the leader.

I then step komrad onto the keep recruit a few mage/shamman and go on to take down the undead. (For this I use my lancer to quickly steal all of his villages trigger his reinforcement give the reinforcements time to get out of the cave, Once they are in the open I kill them and then push inward and kill the leader). I know this is not incredibly detailed but I could not without a replay (which I don't have currently)
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
multilis

Back to start...

Post by multilis »

TheBladeRoden wrote:For that you can just click menu>back to start
I believe that option works by loading a previous save existing on your hard drive. I don't have it available with your saved game, all I have is back to turn 17.
TheBladeRoden

Re: Back to start...

Post by TheBladeRoden »

multilis wrote:
TheBladeRoden wrote:For that you can just click menu>back to start
I believe that option works by loading a previous save existing on your hard drive. I don't have it available with your saved game, all I have is back to turn 17.
Well, ok. Here's the first save.
Attachments
The_Siege_of_Elensefar.zip
(10.23 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
multilis

First finish...

Post by multilis »

Here is a replay from my first try. It is not a model of perfect play, I was tired and made a number of mistakes, and was a bit reckless in the beginning. I think I was lucky in beginning as well. But I finished, and leveled units for next scenario fairly well.
Attachments
The_Siege_of_Elensefar_replay.zip
(29.73 KiB) Downloaded 442 times
TheBladeRoden

Re: First finish...

Post by TheBladeRoden »

multilis wrote:Here is a replay from my first try. It is not a model of perfect play, I was tired and made a number of mistakes, and was a bit reckless in the beginning. I think I was lucky in beginning as well. But I finished, and leveled units for next scenario fairly well.
It is too a victim of the corruption