Need help on Warmaster Campaign!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

devil_lord

Need help on Warmaster Campaign!

Post by devil_lord »

I can't seem to get enough units to beat the orcs or get close enough to the leader to hurt him very much.

Please help! :cry:
Is there any word more meaningless than hope?
Besides blarfinsigle of course.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

First, welcome to the forums, and thanks for trying my campaign! :wink:
Second, at what scenario are you stuck? If you have problems at beating the very first scenario of the campaign, remember this: The orcs are meant not to be defeatable (in that scenario). Instead, listen to that guy called Groud. He mentions a secret passage being hidden inside the castle behind him. So, go ahead and try to find it. This way you won't have to worry much about the orcs.
devil_lord

Post by devil_lord »

No, I beat the first scenario, Im stuck on the second one against the slayer.

I have about 143 gold and all level one troops.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Uhh... I think the problem here is the 143 gold bit, I think when I went through I came out of the first with more than twice that and had no problems finishing the second quickly.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
devil_lord

Post by devil_lord »

Ill keep that in mind

edit:okay, so i redid scenario 1, this time coming out with 516 gold :!:
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Yeah, 143 gold is a bit low to go. Try to save your money a little throughout the whole campaign, however, as gold is a little scarce here at times... :)
Good luck with the rest of the campaign and have fun playing it! :wink:
devil_lord

Post by devil_lord »

okay, I completed scenario 2 in 9 turns. Thanks for the help and ill post here with anymore more problems. :D
mlangsdorf

Post by mlangsdorf »

How do you beat scenario 4? The allied leader always makes a suicide charge to attack the necromancer, and ends up in the water on turn 5 or so, surrounded by undead. I've just barely started evolving my attack, and the computer AI loses the game for me. Suggestions?
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

mlangsdorf wrote:How do you beat scenario 4? The allied leader always makes a suicide charge to attack the necromancer, and ends up in the water on turn 5 or so, surrounded by undead. I've just barely started evolving my attack, and the computer AI loses the game for me. Suggestions?
He charges the enemy? Actually he should do not very much besides nothing... :roll:
However, try to restart the scenario and hope for the best. If he keeps killing himself, try to ship some quick elvish scouts over to him and to protect him somehow. Actually, I believe to remember that he tries to get some villages with his leader, and this way gets killed himself by coming close to the enemy. If you manage to grab some villages in front of him he would have taken else, he should either sit down doing nothing or go back to his castle. Hmmm, maybe it's time to do a short update on the campaign...?