What is the most dangerous faction for loyalists to fight?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FireMaster

What is the most dangerous faction for loyalists to fight?

Post by FireMaster »

Please post what you think is dangerous against loyalists

I think that dwarves are dangerous :!: :!:
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Dangerous in what way? if you mean the battle where loyalists are more likely to lose, if a player knows how to play loyalists in every matchup (how you play against each faction can vary greatly) then the game should be balanced. If you mean the matchup where you can win but you take heavy casualties, I'd say vs. loyalists, but that's just my opinion.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
FireMaster

Post by FireMaster »

Weeksy wrote:Dangerous in what way? if you mean the battle where loyalists are more likely to lose, if a player knows how to play loyalists in every matchup (how you play against each faction can vary greatly) then the game should be balanced. If you mean the matchup where you can win but you take heavy casualties, I'd say vs. loyalists, but that's just my opinion.
I meant what is the most dangerous in a matchup.

I said dwarves because it has very powerful weapons,and thundersticks will severely hurt horsemen and cavalry.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Define what you mean don't restate it. All races can be dangerouse.

If you mean best at fighting then the answer is or at least should be none of them.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

so don't use horses v. thunderers... you're faster than them, you can run away... and you didn't answer my question: in which way do you mean dangerous?
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
Lorbi

Post by Lorbi »

Any faction controlled by a good player.
FireMaster

Post by FireMaster »

Weeksy wrote:so don't use horses v. thunderers... you're faster than them, you can run away... and you didn't answer my question: in which way do you mean dangerous?
Sorry :oops: i mean in a matchup where you take heavy casualties
Just because I'm a master of fire doesn't mean I'll light your "uber candle"
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

For high casaulties on both sides I'd pick drakes.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

No faction poses a greater threat to any other faction than any other faction. "Most Powerful" is not a term we use here. God might have given you 10 fingers, but he still gave you 2 ears. That means they need to work 5x harder. :)

(Would someone please this thread? It should be locked, it's absolutely useless in it's entirety.)
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Re: What is the most dangerous faction for loyalists to figh

Post by Doc Paterson »

FireMaster wrote:Please post what you think is dangerous against loyalists
Surely the Rust Monster is their fiercest foe.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Sombra

Post by Sombra »

Ok why bring it down to is the game ballanced? right now the devs did a good job with ballancing the game.

Nevertheless I think every player has a faction he is struggeling hardest to fight against with loyalists.

IMHO mostly loyalists do hardest against undead.

Simply because their initial recruit. Spearmen etc. many times thends to the piercing side (Ok, ok experienced players will throw in a mage or HI in the mix...).
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Just to clarify: Wesnoth is not intended to have a rock-paper-scissors system like seen in other games (although I am not sure if it is really intended there anyways). Thus an advantage of one faction over another (should) only arise from the personal preferences of the player.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
toms

Post by toms »

Loyalists can be beaten with every faction, it depends on the player. (and the player's luck)
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Lorbi

Post by Lorbi »

toms wrote:Loyalists can be beaten with every faction, it depends on the player. (and the player's luck)
Loyalists can beat every faction, it depends on the player.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

The most brutal matchup that involves Loyalists imo is Loyalists vs. Undead. I'm talking about brutal matchups where there isn't going to be much low damage fight.